Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

  • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
      This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
      http://tbseller.com/payment.php

      Joost

      On 3-3-2011 13:58, Thomas Krüger wrote:
      > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
      > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
      > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
      >
      > Looks too cheap to be true...

    • A Kielcz
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
        I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

        A Kielcz

        Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

        The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.

        Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1

        Looks too cheap to be true...

      • Eduardo Hutter
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
          Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

          This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

          Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

          <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>
          Member Price:*$380*
          Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

          <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>
          Member Price:*$405*

          On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

          > I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.
          >
          > A Kielcz

        • A Kielcz
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
            I guess I'll wait for a new DSLR release from Nikon.
            Can't buy Leica M9

            A Kielcz

            Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

            Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

            This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

            Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

            <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>

            Member Price:*$380*

            Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

            <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>

            Member Price:*$405*

            On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

            > I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

            > A Kielcz

          • Pat Swovelin
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
              On 3-3-2011 4:58 AM, Thomas Krüger's hamster got loose on the keyboard
              and typed ...:
              > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
              > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
              > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
              >
              > Looks too cheap to be true...

              Remember: if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. Scams and
              swindlers rely on people setting aside all of the red flags that go up
              in their mind because they just have-to-have that thing and will do
              anything to get it. Don't be fooled.

              Pat Swovelin
              Cool Guy @ Large

            • Stephani Hill
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                And if it is a fake, you have no warranty.

                Stephani
              • Roger D. Williams
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                  On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 21:58:36 +0900, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
                  > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
                  > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
                  >
                  > Looks too cheap to be true...

                  Alas, when things look too cheap to be true, they usually are.

                  Has anyone successfully bought from this site?

                  Roger W.

                  --
                  Work: www.adex-japan.com
                • Roger D. Williams
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                    On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
                    wrote:

                    > This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
                    > http://tbseller.com/payment.php

                    Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.

                    Roger W.

                    --
                    Work: www.adex-japan.com
                  • wilster
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                      Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                      http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                      I wouldn't trust them.
                      Will
                      On Mar 3, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Roger D. Williams wrote:

                      > On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > > This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
                      > > http://tbseller.com/payment.php
                      >
                      > Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.
                      >
                      > Roger W.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                    • Roger D. Williams
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                        On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <willbrown@...> wrote:

                        > Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
                        > looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
                        > reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                        > http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                        > I wouldn't trust them.
                        > Will

                        The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
                        which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
                        use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that
                        operation?

                        Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
                        remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
                        largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
                        some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
                        then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
                        impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
                        from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
                        work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
                        would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

                        Caveat emptor!

                        Roger W.

                        --
                        Work: www.adex-japan.com
                      • Roger D. Williams
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                          Sorry, I see that this post was ambiguous and possibly misleading.

                          On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:35:46 +0900, Roger D. Williams
                          <roger@...> wrote:

                          > On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <willbrown@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          >> Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
                          >> looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
                          >> reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                          >> http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                          >> I wouldn't trust them.
                          >> Will
                          >
                          > The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
                          > which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
                          > use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that

                          The first "this" refers to the entire Alibaba site. The second
                          "this" refers to the improbable bargain site.

                          > operation?
                          >
                          > Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
                          > remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
                          > largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
                          > some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
                          > then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
                          > impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
                          > from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
                          > work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
                          > would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

                          Sorry!

                          --
                          Work: www.adex-japan.com
                        • Thomas Krüger
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                            Ahh, this is even better. After my first posting about tbseller.com through
                            Nabble on PanoToolsNG there is comment spam pending on this thread at Nabble
                            from 3 new users, Walker056, Amos Perry and yesfokony.

                            yesfokony writes: "I have buy TBseller.com DELL XPS M1210 LAPTOP
                            already shipping to me
                            I now use it
                            very good
                            I intend to buy the camera again"

                            And the tbseller offer "Canon EOS 5D Mark II SLR Camera 24-105 IS 16GB 15PC
                            Kit" for 480 US$ is definitive a fraud. They even give you 2 8Gb CF cards
                            with this kit...
                            http://tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=145

                            So HANDS OFF !!!!!!!