OT - tbseller.com - Chinese electronics retail, scam or true?

  • Thomas Krüger
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
      Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
      The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
      Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1

      Looks too cheap to be true...

    • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
        This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
        http://tbseller.com/payment.php

        Joost

        On 3-3-2011 13:58, Thomas Krüger wrote:
        > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
        > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
        > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
        >
        > Looks too cheap to be true...

      • A Kielcz
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
          I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

          A Kielcz

          Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

          The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.

          Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1

          Looks too cheap to be true...

        • Eduardo Hutter
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
            Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

            This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

            Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

            <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>
            Member Price:*$380*
            Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

            <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>
            Member Price:*$405*

            On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

            > I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.
            >
            > A Kielcz

          • A Kielcz
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
              I guess I'll wait for a new DSLR release from Nikon.
              Can't buy Leica M9

              A Kielcz

              Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

              Please, don't let yourself be fooled so easy.

              This too should tell enough about whether this is legimate or not:

              Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens

              <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=177>

              Member Price:*$380*

              Canon EOS-1D Mark III EOS 1D 3 LENS Pro Kit BRAND NEW

              <http://www.tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=147>

              Member Price:*$405*

              On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

              > I'm tempted to buy D700 and pay with visa.

              > A Kielcz

            • Pat Swovelin
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                On 3-3-2011 4:58 AM, Thomas Krüger's hamster got loose on the keyboard
                and typed ...:
                > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
                > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
                > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
                >
                > Looks too cheap to be true...

                Remember: if it looks too good to be true it probably isn't. Scams and
                swindlers rely on people setting aside all of the red flags that go up
                in their mind because they just have-to-have that thing and will do
                anything to get it. Don't be fooled.

                Pat Swovelin
                Cool Guy @ Large

              • Stephani Hill
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                  And if it is a fake, you have no warranty.

                  Stephani
                • Roger D. Williams
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                    On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 21:58:36 +0900, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Just stumbled via Twitter on www.tbseller.com.
                    > The domain is registered since 2006at 361004 Wuhan in China.
                    > Cameras are here at http://tbseller.com/proList.php?bid=39&page=1
                    >
                    > Looks too cheap to be true...

                    Alas, when things look too cheap to be true, they usually are.

                    Has anyone successfully bought from this site?

                    Roger W.

                    --
                    Work: www.adex-japan.com
                  • Roger D. Williams
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                      On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
                      wrote:

                      > This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
                      > http://tbseller.com/payment.php

                      Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.

                      Roger W.

                      --
                      Work: www.adex-japan.com
                    • wilster
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                        Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                        http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                        I wouldn't trust them.
                        Will
                        On Mar 3, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Roger D. Williams wrote:

                        > On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:13:28 +0900, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
                        > wrote:
                        >
                        > > This should tell enough, never pay any goods through western union etc:
                        > > http://tbseller.com/payment.php
                        >
                        > Well, they do offer the use of Visa credit cards.
                        >
                        > Roger W.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                      • Roger D. Williams
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                          On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <willbrown@...> wrote:

                          > Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
                          > looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
                          > reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                          > http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                          > I wouldn't trust them.
                          > Will

                          The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
                          which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
                          use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that
                          operation?

                          Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
                          remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
                          largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
                          some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
                          then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
                          impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
                          from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
                          work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
                          would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

                          Caveat emptor!

                          Roger W.

                          --
                          Work: www.adex-japan.com
                        • Roger D. Williams
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                            Sorry, I see that this post was ambiguous and possibly misleading.

                            On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:35:46 +0900, Roger D. Williams
                            <roger@...> wrote:

                            > On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 09:50:20 +0900, wilster <willbrown@...>
                            > wrote:
                            >
                            >> Maybe that is so they can steal your credit card number perhaps? I
                            >> looked online for a review of them and found a website that had glowing
                            >> reviews that were full of misspellings and obvious grammatical errors.
                            >> http://ask.alibaba.com/Q/804356834-I-want-to-know-TBsellercom.html
                            >> I wouldn't trust them.
                            >> Will
                            >
                            > The Japanese media have been full of an Alibaba scandal recently, in
                            > which an Alibaba executive cooperated with a number of vendors who
                            > use this site to defraud customers. Maybe this site is a part of that

                            The first "this" refers to the entire Alibaba site. The second
                            "this" refers to the improbable bargain site.

                            > operation?
                            >
                            > Initially I wondered if they might be selling bankrupt stock or
                            > remainders... when I checked their Nikon offerings they were
                            > largely for the D300, which has been replaced by the D300s for
                            > some time (at least here in Japana--assume so elsewhere). But
                            > then I saw an iPad for about half price. THAT seems quite
                            > impossible unless the Chinese manufacturer is diverting stuff
                            > from Apple, in which case how could the guarantee and support
                            > work? The hardware is clearly and uniquely identified. Apple
                            > would be bound to recognize this was a pirated product.

                            Sorry!

                            --
                            Work: www.adex-japan.com
                          • Thomas Krüger
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 3, 2011
                              Ahh, this is even better. After my first posting about tbseller.com through
                              Nabble on PanoToolsNG there is comment spam pending on this thread at Nabble
                              from 3 new users, Walker056, Amos Perry and yesfokony.

                              yesfokony writes: "I have buy TBseller.com DELL XPS M1210 LAPTOP
                              already shipping to me
                              I now use it
                              very good
                              I intend to buy the camera again"

                              And the tbseller offer "Canon EOS 5D Mark II SLR Camera 24-105 IS 16GB 15PC
                              Kit" for 480 US$ is definitive a fraud. They even give you 2 8Gb CF cards
                              with this kit...
                              http://tbseller.com/proView.php?proid=145

                              So HANDS OFF !!!!!!!