Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 360 video is pushing hard!

  • GTG Vierstra
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2011
      On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 00:20, Thomas <TKSharpless@...> wrote:

      > BTW if you look up near the ceiling on the Blof video, you will see stitching artefacts that suggest 8 cameras around, or more.

      No, there are 5x1 camera's, If you look at bit at the xml, you can
      find the movie itself. (and grab a frame, throw it on krpano :)

      --
      best regards,

      G.T.G. Vierstra
    • zakaTo
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2011
        Just to add some more fuel into this fire, I´ve just read at the "new" panoguide forum about this company: www.ttx.co.uk that films (among other things) 360º video.

        They use ladybug and dodeca (why does dodeca always have to show such a very bad blending?)

        I have really enjoyend checking their "photo gallery" at the 360º video section where you can see some set ups for the recordings.

        http://www.ttx.co.uk/gallery/360-spherical-video-systems2/
        (not sure though if all these pictures are theirs ... some look familiar from the old inmmersive media site ... can't remember though!)

        regards,

        Antonio

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, GTG Vierstra <vierstra@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 00:20, Thomas <TKSharpless@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > BTW if you look up near the ceiling on the Blof video, you will see stitching artefacts that suggest 8 cameras around, or more.
        >

        > No, there are 5x1 camera's, If you look at bit at the xml, you can
        > find the movie itself. (and grab a frame, throw it on krpano :)
        >

        > --
        > best regards,
        >
        > G.T.G. Vierstra

      • GTG Vierstra
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 2, 2011
          Everyone can get or make a 360 movie cam, and its just time before it
          becomes affordable for every photo/filmo-grapher. (and higher res).

          Yellowbird is smart. Actually they invest heavily in creating their
          name as an interface designer and related tech, and if their
          programming is as good as their marketing they will even survive 360
          degree movie krpano.