Re: 360 video is pushing hard!

  • Aldo Hoeben
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2011
      My guess is that they've had ot grey build them a custom rig, that just happens to fit in the ladybug 2 enclosure.
    • GTG Vierstra
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2011
        My guess is that their showreel was shot with a Ladybug 2, and the
        Blof recording was a Ladybug 3.

        The Blof video is 2048x1024 at 16fps, close enough to a Ladybug 3.
        Ladybug 2 supposed to give max 1024x768 at 30fps.

        No resizing here..

        **thinks about bluefish, the fish that sees all in the sea, or
        blackswan, or bluefly or...**

        --
        best regards,

        G.T.G. Vierstra
      • Thomas
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2011

          > > And the camera in their setup looks like a Ladybug 2......
          >
          > The camera looks like a Ladybug indeed, but the video quality doesn't. This is seriously some of the best ladybug footage I have seen sofar. How come these guys can get quality video out of these cameras, while google clearly can't (ref: google arts project).

          There is not yet, so far a I know, a commercial array camera made of GoPro Heros, but there will be soon, and I predict it will blow the Ladybug away.

          BTW if you look up near the ceiling on the Blof video, you will see stitching artefacts that suggest 8 cameras around, or more.

          Cheers, Tom
        • GTG Vierstra
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 1, 2011
            On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 00:20, Thomas <TKSharpless@...> wrote:

            > BTW if you look up near the ceiling on the Blof video, you will see stitching artefacts that suggest 8 cameras around, or more.

            No, there are 5x1 camera's, If you look at bit at the xml, you can
            find the movie itself. (and grab a frame, throw it on krpano :)

            --
            best regards,

            G.T.G. Vierstra
          • zakaTo
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 2, 2011
              Just to add some more fuel into this fire, I´ve just read at the "new" panoguide forum about this company: www.ttx.co.uk that films (among other things) 360º video.

              They use ladybug and dodeca (why does dodeca always have to show such a very bad blending?)

              I have really enjoyend checking their "photo gallery" at the 360º video section where you can see some set ups for the recordings.

              http://www.ttx.co.uk/gallery/360-spherical-video-systems2/
              (not sure though if all these pictures are theirs ... some look familiar from the old inmmersive media site ... can't remember though!)

              regards,

              Antonio

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, GTG Vierstra <vierstra@...> wrote:

              > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 00:20, Thomas <TKSharpless@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > BTW if you look up near the ceiling on the Blof video, you will see stitching artefacts that suggest 8 cameras around, or more.
              >

              > No, there are 5x1 camera's, If you look at bit at the xml, you can
              > find the movie itself. (and grab a frame, throw it on krpano :)
              >

              > --
              > best regards,
              >
              > G.T.G. Vierstra

            • GTG Vierstra
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 2, 2011
                Everyone can get or make a 360 movie cam, and its just time before it
                becomes affordable for every photo/filmo-grapher. (and higher res).

                Yellowbird is smart. Actually they invest heavily in creating their
                name as an interface designer and related tech, and if their
                programming is as good as their marketing they will even survive 360
                degree movie krpano.