Re: [PanoToolsNG] Virtual Magazine of Liverpool

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27 10:08 PM
      On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 04:18:43 +0900, colchagua007
      <alarcon@...> wrote:

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > I have just finished making the virtual magazine of my adoptive city
      > Liverpool please click the following link.
      > http://www.360panoview.co.uk/liverpool/index.html
      >
      > I will appreciate any comments and suggestions that you may have.

      I enjoyed the tour very much, but it didn't get on very well with my
      Opera browser. Panoramas stopped downloading, after the first few,
      the paging back and forth stopped shortly afterwards, and finally
      it died on me. Opera, I mean.

      I have other browsers, of course, so it was no big deal. I did have
      to close and reboot Opera, though. I suppose Opera is too much of a
      minority taste to expect full compatibility with tours designed to
      work with Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox. Not to mention
      Chrome, of course... I run into this kind of problem fairly often,
      and these days I tend to keep Opera for its unparalleled built-in
      mail client, and try not to be too disappointed then it fails to
      cope with any given website.

      A very minor carp on the tour. Occasionally there would be a
      panorama that hadn't been leveled sufficiently well, so verticals
      didn't remain vertical all the way around. I only mention this
      because the general standard is so very high that it seemed a
      shame to have left a slight blemish like this. I am a compulsive
      picture straightener, so I always notice when verticals tend to
      splay...

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com