Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Bad Quality When Converting to Cubes

  • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2011
      Hi Yazan,

      On 25-2-2011 17:16, Yazan Sboul wrote:

      > Hi Hans, I'm a bit of a specs geek - not too bad only 16gb ram so
      > far, but As soon as possible I'll upgrade to higher. Not worried at
      > all about stitching time and even if it takes longer the batch
      > stitching option solves that problem. Is spline 64 an external
      > plugin?

      No, all interpolators are built in. Which interpolator is the best is a
      matter of personal preference. The larger interpolators create less
      jagged lines but may cause stronger 'halos' around high contrast areas,
      or even ringing (like repeated halos). Just try and see which works best
      for a given panorama.

      > In short I'll like to upgrade ptgui to the max - irregardless
      > of stitching time or decreasing marginal benifits. : )
      >
      > A list of plugins, and settings would be much appreciated. I just set
      > the PTGui ram usage to 100% from auto. Was that a bad idea? would it
      > potentially cause a crash? Many ThanksY.S To:

      That's a bad idea. You are asking PTGui to consume all your memory,
      leaving none for other running applications. This can completely bring
      down your computer during stitching. If you have 16 GB set it to 80% or
      so. Be sure not to run other RAM hungry applications (like Photoshop)
      during stitching, or use an ever lower percentage.

      Joost