Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Goodreader for VR Tours on iPhone

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
      On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:55:56 +0900, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Blake Michaelson
      > <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I love the fact that goodreader displays my panos offline - but I find
      >> it
      >> difficult to get "out" of the current tour and load a different one - I
      >> can
      >> switch between different panos in a single tour just fine, but I can't
      >> find
      >> a way to get back to the goodreader menu structure without exiting
      >> goodreader and finding something to "open" in goodreader to get it to go
      >> back to the main menu... anybody have any luck exiting a tour once it
      >> has
      >> been opened?
      >
      > Yes this is a problem but it is easy to solve.
      >
      > You just make a standard HTML start page which links to the tour.
      > In the tour you have to make a hotspot or button with link back to the
      > start page.
      > You can make it an invisible one with an invisible png for example at
      > nadir or if it is for a client make a close button.
      >
      > You can make your startpage as a gallery for all your tours and just use
      > the same which you update with new tours.
      >
      > The HTML page works with the standard tab in the center to show the
      > menu with the back button to get back to the Goodreader start page.

      Excellent suggestion, Hans. Thank you. Having learned that the hurdle to
      KRpano is not quite as high as I thought, and that GoodReader can display
      its tours correctly. I look forward to some fun-filled days in my
      semi-retirement learning KRpano and creating tours for display on my iPhone
      and my wife's iPad (well, when she gets it--I've promised her one for
      her birthday).

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com