Re: [PanoToolsNG] 220 Lens

  • mrjimbo
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
      I can't speak to the quality of the image with this lens.. But their really aren't many other options I think.. Nikon used to make a 6mm (220 deg FOV)..I think they did it in two versions F5.6 and later 2.8.. A while back one went on eBay.. for over 30,000 US ..

      jimbo
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
        And on Amazon its just USD 149,-

        Anyway, its 37mm at the back....

        I have a screw on wide angle (0.7) for my video camera, but with a
        52mm thread. And if I put this on my 50mm 1.8 it has a reasonable
        quality.....

        Now, if this lens had a 52mm thread, I would surely buy it, just for fun....

        --
        best regards,

        G.T.G. Vierstra
      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
          Go to the Opteka website. I think there is a verson
          with 52mm rear threads.

          GTG Vierstra wrote:
          > And on Amazon its just USD 149,-
          >
          > Anyway, its 37mm at the back....
          >
          > I have a screw on wide angle (0.7) for my video camera, but with a
          > 52mm thread. And if I put this on my 50mm 1.8 it has a reasonable
          > quality.....
          >
          > Now, if this lens had a 52mm thread, I would surely buy it, just for fun....
          >

          > On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 19:13, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
          >> The same guy was peppering PanoGuide trying to sell that lens.
          >> Everybody quickly understood that it was a (poorly) rebranded
          >> Opteka lens and that the guys was trying to scam people.

        • Scott Highton
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
            Image quality is pretty poor, judging from the images included in
            the .rar file downloaded. Edge sharpness leaves much to be desired,
            as evidenced in the stitched panorama. Field of view doesn't look
            like it's 220°, but closer to 180° or 190°.

            The cheap adhesive label identifying the lens doesn't bode well, either.

            Scott Highton
            Author, Virtual Reality Photography
            Web: http://www.vrphotography.com
          • Thomas Krüger
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
              There was a loooong thread in the Panoguide forum, and the seller tried to
              spam the 220lens through various user accounts. He was kicked out and the
              thread full of flames was deleted.
            • jrgen_schrader
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 24, 2011
                The strange thing about this is that this mail appears as if it was sent from the address of contact@...

                I won't belief that people there really want us to buy that crap.

                I sent them a mail.

                Jürgen

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrei Zdetovetchi <zdeto@...> wrote:

                > Hi there,
                >
                > Today I received a spam trough viewat.org (and frankly I'm not pleased by that)
                > about a 220º lens, from Spain (!?). Have you heard anything about that?
                > Well, I went to their website and looked at the samples, they say it's high
                > definition, but I was horrified by what I've seen. My 3G iPhone takes better
                > pictures than that! :))
                > And they ask 1200 EUR for this!!! I can't believe my eyes! There must be a scam
                > or something, because I don't know who would pay such amount of money for this
                > crap.
                > Look for yourself: http://www.220lens.com
                >

                > Best regards,
                > Andrei Zdetovetchi
                >
                > CSVD - http://www.csvd.ro/
                > http://www.facebook.com/panorame
                > -
                > http://www.flickr.com/photos/zdeto
                > http://www.vimeo.com/zdeto
                > http://www.twitter.com/zdeto

              • Ian Wood
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 24, 2011
                  Someone sending an email can put whatever 'sender' email address in that they want - just because it says it came from viewat.org doesn't mean that it came from there.

                  Ian

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 24, 2011
                    I know for sure, but others don't.
                    I got an immediate reply from Bernhard where he apologized and confirmed that it's of course not there and that he would try to take measures if they don't stop it.

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

                    > Someone sending an email can put whatever 'sender' email address in that they want - just because it says it came from viewat.org doesn't mean that it came from there.
                    >
                    > Ian
                    >

                    > On 24 Feb 2011, at 13:14, jrgen_schrader wrote:
                    >
                    > > The strange thing about this is that this mail appears as if it was sent from the address of contact@...

                  • luca vascon
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                      Yes, it is a crap fisheye adapter...
                      :-)

                      2011/2/24 jrgen_schrader <panorama@...>:
                      > I know for sure, but others don't.
                      > I got an immediate reply from Bernhard where he apologized and confirmed that it's of course not there and that he would try to take measures if they don't stop it.
                      >
                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Someone sending an email can put whatever 'sender' email address in that they want - just because it says it came from viewat.org doesn't mean that it came from there.
                      >>
                      >> Ian
                      >>

                      >> On 24 Feb 2011, at 13:14, jrgen_schrader wrote:
                      >>
                      >> > The strange thing about this is that this mail appears as if it was sent from the address of contact@...

                      Luca Vascon.

                      www.nuovostudio.it
                      www.officinepanottiche.com