A browser for iPad which supports flash ?

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2011
      I need a browser for iPad which supports flash VRPs. I heard that SkyFire works
      on iPhone but had no info for iPad. Did anyone try such or a similar browser and
      does really work?

      Boštjan
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2011

        > I need a browser for iPad which supports flash VRPs. I heard that SkyFire works
        > on iPhone but had no info for iPad. Did anyone try such or a similar browser and
        > does really work?
        >
        > Boštjan

        No, Skyfire does not support flash. It just convert them on their server on demand to html5. Videos. That means you have to click the convert button andwait. It works for short news videos but is not of course supporting panoramas.

        The only way to show panoramas is to use a viewer for html5 CSS3 panoramas like Krpano. If you want to just show single panoramas i can recomend you to try the VR5 viewer. It is very simple to use and it also supports manifest files so that they are saved in the cache as default and can without any extra browser be used offline.

        Hans
      • Bostjan Burger
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2011
          So there is no solution to surf flash VRPs sites with with iPad unless the each
          site is completely converted to html5 form?

          Bostjan

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 19, 2011

            > So there is no solution to surf flash VRPs sites with with iPad unless the each
            > site is completely converted to html5 form?

            No
            The easiest way is to use a viewer like KRPano which produces both Flash and HTML5 in one go and uses the same HTML page for it.

            With Pano2VR Flash/HTML5 you have to use a sniffer which sends the IDevice viewer to the iPad page. I believe they have a ready solution for it in the HTML you can produce from Pano2VR ( 3 beta version)
            Unfortunately they still have problems with the HTMLviewer which crashes when using some of the navigation buttons.

            Hans

            > Bostjan

          • Paulo Fernandes
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 19, 2011
              Just as a sidenote, Skyfire was the only solution on old Windows Mobile devices to play flash content that Adobe's own Flash Player Lite wasn't capable of.

              Sent from my iPhone