A View From Work

  • onezebra1
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2011
      The Pacific Ocean, Santa Barbara Channel off the coast of California.
      I had some problems with Photoshop and could not do a good job fixing the stitching errors in the water, I may try again latter.
      This will open up about 2 MB and you can swtich to high quality at about 7 MB.
      http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/offshore2.html

      Cheers,
      Roger Berry
    • onezebra1
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
        Here's another view from at work.
        Offshore Natural Gas Platform off the coast of Santa Barbara California.
        Below is a Cooper natural gas compressor, to the right is the drill deck, the hatches are removed for well work and drilling.
        http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/cooper3.html

        Roger Berry

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

        > The Pacific Ocean, Santa Barbara Channel off the coast of California.
        > I had some problems with Photoshop and could not do a good job fixing the stitching errors in the water, I may try again latter.
        > This will open up about 2 MB and you can swtich to high quality at about 7 MB.
        > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/offshore2.html
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Roger Berry

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
          > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/cooper3.htm

          What caught my eye in this one was those blue poles (antennas?)! And those guy supports. Now those would be stable pano platforms I thought.

          But as a pano -- this is more interesting I thought than the first one as you can see more details of the equipment. The scale is still a bit obscure though -- more people would give additional interest and scale. Maybe a sunset version would be great.

          PeterM

          It is such an
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

          > Here's another view from at work.
          > Offshore Natural Gas Platform off the coast of Santa Barbara California.
          > Below is a Cooper natural gas compressor, to the right is the drill deck, the hatches are removed for well work and drilling.
          > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/cooper3.html
          >
          > Roger Berry
          >

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Pacific Ocean, Santa Barbara Channel off the coast of California.
          > > I had some problems with Photoshop and could not do a good job fixing the stitching errors in the water, I may try again latter.
          > > This will open up about 2 MB and you can swtich to high quality at about 7 MB.
          > > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/offshore2.html
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Roger Berry

        • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
            Error 404

            --
            L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
            felipe@...

          • panovrx
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
              url fix
              http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/cooper3.html

              But as a pano -- this is more interesting I thought than the first one as you can see more details of the equipment. The scale is still a bit obscure though -- more people would give additional interest and scale. Maybe a sunset version would be great.

              PeterM

              > It is such an
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Here's another view from at work.
              > > Offshore Natural Gas Platform off the coast of Santa Barbara California.
              > > Below is a Cooper natural gas compressor, to the right is the drill deck, the hatches are removed for well work and drilling.
              > > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/cooper3.html
              > >
              > > Roger Berry
              > >

              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "onezebra1" <onezebra1@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > The Pacific Ocean, Santa Barbara Channel off the coast of California.
              > > > I had some problems with Photoshop and could not do a good job fixing the stitching errors in the water, I may try again latter.
              > > > This will open up about 2 MB and you can swtich to high quality at about 7 MB.
              > > > http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/offshore2.html
              > > >
              > > > Cheers,
              > > > Roger Berry

            • onezebra1
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
                For offshore nighttime photos here's some a did years ago, there are 8 low quality panos done in QuickTime, this is a 5.5MB zip file.
                http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/Oil_Rig_Photos.zip

                I only had my pole setup with me last week, kind of hard shooting lowlight and sunset panos with it.
                When I got off work last week we had high winds and very rough seas, I had $5,000 of camera equipment that I had to hand across to the crew boat that was bobbing up and down about 10 feet.
                It's a little hard to take camera gear out there when you have to swing across to the boat using a rope.

                Maybe I will do some better ones on nightshift this next week.

                Roger Berry