Goodreader for VR Tours on iPhone

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2011
      The current upgrade to Goodreader makes it very
      easy to move entire folders into an iPhone, and
      provides comprehensive sync options that greatly
      simplify updates and cross-platform consistency.

      This is just the impetus I needed to get me
      starting to use KR Pano. The fact that Goodreader
      can read and properly display KR Pano VR tours
      is the clincher.

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
    • Yazan Sboul
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2011
        Are KRpano tours not flash? or does it have an iphone output?If it is flash how's it playing on an iphone?

        To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2011
          On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Yazan Sboul <yazansboul@...> wrote:

          > Are KRpano tours not flash? or does it have an iphone output?

          Hi Yazan,
          For monthsss KRPano has an output, a plugin, to allow all files to be seen
          on flash compuetrs, and also on iPhones, iPads etc ...

          Using GoodReader you can SAVE the KRP files to your own iMobile and keep it
          there for whenever you want to see it but has no internet conection at all,
          being it wifi or 3G

          It is an cool option

          best
          AYRTON

          If it is flash how's it playing on an iphone?

          > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
          > From: roger@...
          > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:44:50 +0900
          > Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Goodreader for VR Tours on iPhone

          > The current upgrade to Goodreader makes it very
          >
          > easy to move entire folders into an iPhone, and
          >
          > provides comprehensive sync options that greatly
          >
          > simplify updates and cross-platform consistency.
          >

          > This is just the impetus I needed to get me
          >
          > starting to use KR Pano. The fact that Goodreader
          >
          > can read and properly display KR Pano VR tours
          >
          > is the clincher.
          >

          > Roger W.
          >

          > --
          >
          > Work: www.adex-japan.com

          + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
          + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
          http://ayrton360.com
          twitter.com/ayrton360

        • Blake Michaelson
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
            I love the fact that goodreader displays my panos offline - but I find it
            difficult to get "out" of the current tour and load a different one - I can
            switch between different panos in a single tour just fine, but I can't find
            a way to get back to the goodreader menu structure without exiting
            goodreader and finding something to "open" in goodreader to get it to go
            back to the main menu... anybody have any luck exiting a tour once it has
            been opened?

            On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

            > On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Yazan Sboul <yazansboul@...>
            > wrote:
            >

            > > Are KRpano tours not flash? or does it have an iphone output?
            >
            > Hi Yazan,
            > For monthsss KRPano has an output, a plugin, to allow all files to be seen
            > on flash compuetrs, and also on iPhones, iPads etc ...
            >
            > Using GoodReader you can SAVE the KRP files to your own iMobile and keep it
            > there for whenever you want to see it but has no internet conection at all,
            > being it wifi or 3G
            >
            > It is an cool option
            >
            > best
            > AYRTON
            >

            > If it is flash how's it playing on an iphone?
            > >
            > > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: roger@...
            > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:44:50 +0900
            > > Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Goodreader for VR Tours on iPhone

            > > The current upgrade to Goodreader makes it very
            > >
            > > easy to move entire folders into an iPhone, and
            > >
            > > provides comprehensive sync options that greatly
            > >
            > > simplify updates and cross-platform consistency.
            > >

            > > This is just the impetus I needed to get me
            > >
            > > starting to use KR Pano. The fact that Goodreader
            > >
            > > can read and properly display KR Pano VR tours
            > >
            > > is the clincher.
            > >

            > > Roger W.
            > >

            > > --
            > >
            > > Work: www.adex-japan.com

            > > --
            > >

            > --
            >
            > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
            > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
            > http://ayrton360.com
            > twitter.com/ayrton360

          • Hans
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Blake Michaelson <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:

              > I love the fact that goodreader displays my panos offline - but I find it
              > difficult to get "out" of the current tour and load a different one - I can
              > switch between different panos in a single tour just fine, but I can't find
              > a way to get back to the goodreader menu structure without exiting
              > goodreader and finding something to "open" in goodreader to get it to go
              > back to the main menu... anybody have any luck exiting a tour once it has
              > been opened?

              Yes this is a problem but it is easy to solve.

              You just make a standard HTML start page which links to the tour.
              In the tour you have to make a hotspot or button with link back to the start page.
              You can make it an invisible one with an invisible png for example at nadir or if it is for a client make a close button.

              You can make your startpage as a gallery for all your tours and just use the same which you update with new tours.

              The HTML page works with the standard tab in the center to show the menu with the back button to get back to the Goodreader start page.

              Hans

              > On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:02 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
              >

              > > On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Yazan Sboul <yazansboul@...>
              > > wrote:
              > >

              > > > Are KRpano tours not flash? or does it have an iphone output?
              > >
              > > Hi Yazan,
              > > For monthsss KRPano has an output, a plugin, to allow all files to be seen
              > > on flash compuetrs, and also on iPhones, iPads etc ...
              > >
              > > Using GoodReader you can SAVE the KRP files to your own iMobile and keep it
              > > there for whenever you want to see it but has no internet conection at all,
              > > being it wifi or 3G
              > >
              > > It is an cool option
              > >
              > > best
              > > AYRTON
              > >

              > > If it is flash how's it playing on an iphone?
              > > >
              > > > To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > > > From: roger@...
              > > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 08:44:50 +0900
              > > > Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Goodreader for VR Tours on iPhone

              > > > The current upgrade to Goodreader makes it very
              > > >
              > > > easy to move entire folders into an iPhone, and
              > > >
              > > > provides comprehensive sync options that greatly
              > > >
              > > > simplify updates and cross-platform consistency.
              > > >

              > > > This is just the impetus I needed to get me
              > > >
              > > > starting to use KR Pano. The fact that Goodreader
              > > >
              > > > can read and properly display KR Pano VR tours
              > > >
              > > > is the clincher.
              > > >

              > > > Roger W.
              > > >

              > > > --
              > > >
              > > > Work: www.adex-japan.com

              > > > --
              > > >

              > > --
              > >
              > > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
              > > + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
              > > http://ayrton360.com
              > > twitter.com/ayrton360

            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2011
                On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:55:56 +0900, Hans <hans@...> wrote:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Blake Michaelson
                > <blake.michaelson@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I love the fact that goodreader displays my panos offline - but I find
                >> it
                >> difficult to get "out" of the current tour and load a different one - I
                >> can
                >> switch between different panos in a single tour just fine, but I can't
                >> find
                >> a way to get back to the goodreader menu structure without exiting
                >> goodreader and finding something to "open" in goodreader to get it to go
                >> back to the main menu... anybody have any luck exiting a tour once it
                >> has
                >> been opened?
                >
                > Yes this is a problem but it is easy to solve.
                >
                > You just make a standard HTML start page which links to the tour.
                > In the tour you have to make a hotspot or button with link back to the
                > start page.
                > You can make it an invisible one with an invisible png for example at
                > nadir or if it is for a client make a close button.
                >
                > You can make your startpage as a gallery for all your tours and just use
                > the same which you update with new tours.
                >
                > The HTML page works with the standard tab in the center to show the
                > menu with the back button to get back to the Goodreader start page.

                Excellent suggestion, Hans. Thank you. Having learned that the hurdle to
                KRpano is not quite as high as I thought, and that GoodReader can display
                its tours correctly. I look forward to some fun-filled days in my
                semi-retirement learning KRpano and creating tours for display on my iPhone
                and my wife's iPad (well, when she gets it--I've promised her one for
                her birthday).

                Roger W.

                --
                Work: www.adex-japan.com