Camera (lens) repair - off topic

  • LoveFilm
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
      Had an accident with some of my equipment (camera fell out of my bag). I broke one of my cherished lenses - Canon 100mm Macro. The lens broke at the mount, which was stuck in the camera. I managed to get the mount off and the camera itself appears fine and has operated normally so far in my limited testing.

      I want to see if I can get the lens fixed - no glass appars broken or scratched.

      The lens is way past warranty by years and I was not the original owner (my dad was).

      Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of Marty's Repair Shop in Forest Hills, NY and whether they have a good reputation?

      Also, if anyone can recommend and vouch for any good repair shops in the New York city area. Or is sending it to Canon directly still an option?

      Thanks!
    • robert
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
        Boy are you luckly :)

        Canon U.S.A., Inc.
        Factory Service Center
        100 Jamesburg Road
        Jamesburg, NJ 08831
        Telephone: 732-521-7007
        Fax: 732-521-7069
      • LoveFilm
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
          I was under the impression they only dealt with products in warranty. Good thing is, after just contacting Canon, I learned they do not charge for an estimate. Still, where they are in NJ is not so accessible, I would still have to mail them the lens.