Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PTGui Speedtest for Fisheye Images

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 3, 2011
      Thanks to all for sending me so many results on- and offlist! This is a
      good base for me to estimate a better "standard" and provide some basic
      tipps based on the result. I'll put something online in a few days.
      It's a little surprise for me that - despite the clever memory
      management of PTGui - 8GB are still not enough to stay mostly in
      memory. Everyone who is near or above 1 hour for the stitch doesn't
      have necessarily a slow machine but did hit the memory ceiling and
      started swapping to disk.

      Regarding the workflow: For panoramas that have very distinguishable
      areas of different brightness (like the sample panorma with the door
      opening in the background) - for those who don't feel very compfort with
      HDR tone mapping, the layer painting method is a good alternative.
      There as a very old tutorial which would urgently need a brush up, but
      the method is still valid:
      http://wiki.panotools.org/A_simple_approach_to_HDR-blending

      Best regards
      Bernhard