Re: iPhone4 gyro in krpano

  • Aldo Hoeben
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 3, 2011
      > I can see your gyro panos as very useful for similar AR projects.
      > Are they using the compass correctly too, so that you could

      (...)
      Unfortunately: no. It does not look like mobile safari has access to the compass (not even through the geolocation api I hinted at before).

      > Would it be possible to view a partially transparent pano on a
      > background showing the camera view?

      In an app: sure. In the browser: probably not.

      The point of what I released yesterday is not using gyroscopes to navigate panoramas (I used accelerometers and gyros to view panoramas on a tabletpc in 2005, and many iphone and android apps did similar things since then), but using the iphone gyroscope to navigate panoramas *in the browser*. Without an app download.