Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What about using a laser level for an artificial horizon?

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 2, 2011
      Ken Warner wrote:
      > [sigh] i mention monopods just to provoke your imagination. Tripods
      > also can move out of alignment during the shoot and as I have described
      > in other posts, shooting an anchor image is not always either
      > guaranteed to work or practical.

      Right - I wasn't suggesting an anchor image as part of the stitch.

      It you take a photograph with the camera level,
      you have a measure of the angle of the scene w.r.t gravity.

      If you like, the base edge of the image *IS* a reference level.

      After that, the camera/tripod can do what it likes.
      Since the orientation of some parts of the scene is a "known"

      BugBear
    • paul womack
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 2, 2011