Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What about using a laser level for an artificial horizon?

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 2, 2011
      Ken Warner wrote:
      > Have you ever used a monopod?

      No.

      BugBear
    • paul womack
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 2, 2011
        Ken Warner wrote:
        > [sigh] i mention monopods just to provoke your imagination. Tripods
        > also can move out of alignment during the shoot and as I have described
        > in other posts, shooting an anchor image is not always either
        > guaranteed to work or practical.

        Right - I wasn't suggesting an anchor image as part of the stitch.

        It you take a photograph with the camera level,
        you have a measure of the angle of the scene w.r.t gravity.

        If you like, the base edge of the image *IS* a reference level.

        After that, the camera/tripod can do what it likes.
        Since the orientation of some parts of the scene is a "known"

        BugBear