Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: What about using a laser level for an artificial horizon?

  • paul womack
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 1, 2011
      Ken Warner wrote:
      > Sorry but leveling the camera is not the solution.

      If you need to have the camera non-level (for some reason I don't understand)
      you could level the camera, take a reference shot of (part of) the scene,
      then re-set your camera as desired for the pano, and shoot away.

      During post processing the reference image can be used as the to set the angle
      of the pano, either by eye, measuring, or control points.

      The reference image need not be part of the stitch.

      BugBear
    • paul womack
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 2, 2011
        Ken Warner wrote:
        > [sigh] i mention monopods just to provoke your imagination. Tripods
        > also can move out of alignment during the shoot and as I have described
        > in other posts, shooting an anchor image is not always either
        > guaranteed to work or practical.

        Right - I wasn't suggesting an anchor image as part of the stitch.

        It you take a photograph with the camera level,
        you have a measure of the angle of the scene w.r.t gravity.

        If you like, the base edge of the image *IS* a reference level.

        After that, the camera/tripod can do what it likes.
        Since the orientation of some parts of the scene is a "known"

        BugBear