RE: [PanoToolsNG] Pixeet

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011
      Unfortunately the quality is just what the real-estate market is happy with.
      It's better than what some of my ex-clients use from one-shot mirror lenses.
      And it's fine for blogs, etc.

      We have to remember that many potential clients don't care about quality -
      and this will make them happy. Sad, but true..

      Rick Drew

    • onezebra1
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        I got my Pixeet lens today and gave it a quick handheld test.
        I've been wanting to make some close-up panos next to ant hills and other small things. This was shot with a iPhone G4 and I used PTGui to stitch it, now to make up a pano head.
        http://www.indiavrtours.com/vrphotos/grass.html

        Roger Berry
      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
          It's amazing!

          How did you shrunk yourself? ;-P

          --
          L.D.I. Felipe B. Gonz�lez C.
          felipe@...

        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
            That looks better than almost all of the samples on their website!

            Are you using Almost DSLR? It's full manual controls and more.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
              Actually the lens on my iPhone 4 was filthy, I didn't check it before putting on the fisheye lens.
              I used the camera app that came with the iPhone and it was in auto.
              I need to check into getting a better camera app, I'll check out that Almost DSLR app.

              This app that comes with the Pixeet has some nice features, but I have not yet found a way to save the photos to the phone.

              Roger Berry

              > That looks better than almost all of the samples on their website!
              >
              > Are you using Almost DSLR? It's full manual controls and more.

            • afrenyo
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
                here's one i shot quite some time ago wit the original iphone 2g/2MP native lens:

                http://howdido.com/iPhone/iPhone_mtvernonSM.mov

                it took 60 images, i think to yield a 11000px wide pano in the end. pretty crappy camera, but had a lot of fun doing it - now i can't remember why ;^)

                -andras
                http://www.panoramablog.com