aperture for shaved 10.5

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
      I am looking for an article or web page I saw some time ago on how
      someone made a block for setting the aperture for a shaved 10.5mm
      lens. I have to do the same thing for another application and would
      love to have a starting point.

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      VR Photography / Cinematography
      bob@...
      http://www.rcfisher.com
      Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
        You mean a shim to stick in there for canons,non-nikons?

        You can free plastic shims. All you need is a right angle from almost any
        plastic packaging.

        Cut out an L shape with the long L part controlling your aperture

        5mm height x variable length.

        You can cut several lengths in just a few minutes and only need to compare
        image brightness to figure out where your f9/f11/sweet spot aperture is.

        I am looking for an article or web page I saw some time ago on how
        someone made a block for setting the aperture for a shaved 10.5mm
        lens. I have to do the same thing for another application and would
        love to have a starting point.

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography / Cinematography
        bob@... <mailto:bob%40rcfisher.com>
        http://www.rcfisher.com
        Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

        d=47719/stime=1296233681/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
          Am 28.01.2011 17:54, schrieb Robert C. Fisher:
          > I am looking for an article or web page I saw some time ago on how
          > someone made a block for setting the aperture for a shaved 10.5mm
          > lens. I have to do the same thing for another application and would
          > love to have a starting point.

          -> http://www.panoramas.dk/adapter/canon-nikon-adapter.html
          This one?

        • Robert C. Fisher