RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: leveling

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
      Have you tried tethering? Loop a long string around the lens and step on it. This keeps the camera at the same height. You can also make a “Y” – one end on the lens and the other on the body. Use the tripod mount thread – thread in a bolt. Both methods work!

      Give ‘em a try.

      Rick Drew

    • prague
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
        what do I do after I step on the lens? should i put it back on the camera, or should I just keep stepping on it?

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

        > Have you tried tethering? Loop a long string around the lens and step on it. This keeps the camera at the same height. You can also make a “Y” â€" one end on the lens and the other on the body. Use the tripod mount thread â€" thread in a bolt. Both methods work!
        >

        > Give ‘em a try.
        >

        > Rick Drew

      • alarcon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
          If you do that will give you a truely "flat" panorama, sorry couldn't
          resist.

        • Rick Drew
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2011
            Depends on the effect you want – step it flat and you’ll have a more level horizon . . .