Re: mask in CS5

  • cvoneinem
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2011
      --- A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

      > I do an alpha channel mask in CS5 and it's red, but when I save
      > it as TIF mask displays in white, not red. What am I doing wrong?

      Your question wasn't why the alpha channel in a tiff document is black/white, right?

      In Photoshop you can select the color in which the channel's information is displayed. Just double click the channel in the channels palette to see the options.

      On top of that you can choose if the color marks either the masked or the selected areas (or even a spot color).
      A quick check would be to cmd-click the channel in the channels palette or the same via the menu: Selection -> Load selection...

      The color red is just a visual help, besides it's the same color you would use in a bw darkroom or with print film. No problem to switch to green or yellow if that helps you with masking parts of your images.

      Carl