Re: Updating Prof. Dr. Dersch's PTViewerNG WebGL example for Firefox 4 beta 8 ?

  • ahoeben41
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 11, 2011
      > Regarding your own credit line: It's 2011 already!

      They don't call me "'doh!" for nothing... (or, as Thomas will quote me: "not very bright"...)

      > About "mipmapping".
      > My understanding is that for compatibility with flash players each cubeface
      > needs to be a pixel larger then needed? It's important to stay compatible
      > with tools like EquirectangularToCubic,

      Please, lord, for all that is good in the world, NO!

      Let's *not* start making "special cubefaces" because some players are having technical difficulties to support proper 90 degree cubefaces. If Flash-based viewers need extra pixels to display the panoramas properly, then by all means let those viewers add these extra pixels on the fly (that's what SPi-V did anyway) and DON'T start creating images that will be obsolete when the viewers start supporting proper cubefaces (at which point we will have to dumb down the viewers in order to display the images properly, or you have to recreate all those cubefaces). It's either cubefaces, or no cubefaces!

      Note that this has nothing to do with mipmapping per se.