monitor help

  • matt_nolan_uaf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hi. I need to buy a new monitor, mostly for stitching and printing gigapixel panos (no gaming or high refresh rate needs), and I was hoping I could get some advice. I'm at the point where I understand color management (in theory, not necessarily practice...), so as I need a second screen anyway I'd like to get something I can grow into. Here's one I'm considering

      NEC MultiSync 3090W-BK-SV 30" Widescreen LCD Display with Color Calibrator

      Any suggestions for similar quality at lower price? Or higher quality for the same price? Or another model at the same price (there seem to be several NEC flavors that I dont fully understand the differences)? I like that it has dual inputs so that I can hook both my desktop computers up to it (W7 64bit). Please feel free to point me towards prior discussions on this forum or others, or contact me directly matt@....

      Thanks in advance,
      Matt