Re: Another attempt on 3D

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2011
      jrgen_schrader wrote:
      > ....By moving the stereo point do you mean I should try what you called
      > smart masks in your tutorial?...

      Hello Jürgen,

      No, I don't mean using a smart mask (although that could possible help to
      avoid some eye stress in zenith), what I mean is that you shift the left and
      right images in StereoPhoto Maker in such a way that the zero parallax point
      is set close to the end of the branches and not in the trunk as it is now.

      It is easiest to set the zero parallax point without using a red/cyan
      viewer, first you pick a zero parallax point and then you shift the images
      until you see no color fringes at the chosen point.
      For this is best to view the anaglyph at 100%. The width and distance of the
      color fringes will increase from zero at the chosen point to a maximum at
      objects in the back of the scene.

      If you want to reduce the eye stress in zenith as much as possible without
      using a smart mask then it is best to set the zero parallax point at the end
      of the branches and not somewhere between the end and the trunk.
      If you set the zero parallax point at the end of the branches then you miss
      the "popping out of the screen" 3D effect of the branches but it could be
      very well that this will improve the overall quality in such a way that it
      is a good trade off.
      You have to try it out and see what works best.

      BTW, I think you have chosen the right number of images and the proper NPP
      forward shift, the 3D depth is really good and both me and Margriet like
      your forest pano a lot.

      Wim