Re: [PanoToolsNG] 3D camera

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
      On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:03:40 +0900, Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...>
      wrote:

      > There has been a lot of talk lately on 3D, I thought you would find this
      > Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 Test Photo & Video interesting
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8ONdcmeNc make sure you view it in
      > full screen mode.

      Interesting, yes. It confirms me in the opinion that red/cyan anaglyphs are
      inadequate for a satisfactory stereo experience, though. It also shows that
      the photographic eye, the sense of what makes a good stereo image, is the
      vitally important thing. Point a stereo camera in just any old direction
      and click away, and you get just any old snaps! The stereo effect alone
      cannot save them, nor make them interesting.

      I guess the poor image quality is more a limitation of YouTube than the
      camera itself.

      On the other hand, the occasional video sequences, even where the subjects
      were quite humdrum, were more interesting and impressive. I've tried this
      camera in a camera store here in Tokyo, and viewed on the built-in LCD
      screen, or on Fujifilm's special display, neither of which require coloured
      glasses, the stereo experience is greatly improved by rendering images in
      full colour.

      Roger W.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com