3D camera

  • Ned Chiariello
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
      There has been a lot of talk lately on 3D, I thought you would find this Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 Test Photo & Video interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8ONdcmeNc make sure you view it in full screen mode.
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:03:40 +0900, Ned Chiariello <panophoto@...>
        wrote:

        > There has been a lot of talk lately on 3D, I thought you would find this
        > Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 Test Photo & Video interesting
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8ONdcmeNc make sure you view it in
        > full screen mode.

        Interesting, yes. It confirms me in the opinion that red/cyan anaglyphs are
        inadequate for a satisfactory stereo experience, though. It also shows that
        the photographic eye, the sense of what makes a good stereo image, is the
        vitally important thing. Point a stereo camera in just any old direction
        and click away, and you get just any old snaps! The stereo effect alone
        cannot save them, nor make them interesting.

        I guess the poor image quality is more a limitation of YouTube than the
        camera itself.

        On the other hand, the occasional video sequences, even where the subjects
        were quite humdrum, were more interesting and impressive. I've tried this
        camera in a camera store here in Tokyo, and viewed on the built-in LCD
        screen, or on Fujifilm's special display, neither of which require coloured
        glasses, the stereo experience is greatly improved by rendering images in
        full colour.

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com