Happy New Year!

  • matt_nolan_uaf
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
      I just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone and thank everyone who has in the past helped me better understand panoramas. I was especially saddened to just learn about Milko, who was a great help to me when I knew absolutely nothing about panoramas, spending countless hours helping me learn from my mistakes with no expectations of some return from me. I havent been very active in the forum lately or sharing what I've learned with others, largely due to photography being small component of my work and only having the time to work on it sporadically, but I hope to participate more this year (though would still be more comfortable talking about glaciers...).

      My primary purpose for investing time in higher-end photography is for scientific outreach. This year has been very successful for me in that regard and some of my prints of remote arctic landscapes have found their way into some interesting and influential places as well as numerous books and online publications, eg http://www.drmattnolan.org/photography/2010_index.htm I credit this success largely to the existence of this list and the patience of the experts on it, for without the initial help I received here to speed my learning curve I might well have tried something easier. So anyway, thanks again, and I wish everyone a happy and productive new year.

      Cheers,
      Matt