Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: R.I.P. Kodachrome

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
      Hang on to them for as long as possible. They
      can only increase in value as they become more
      rare.

      Robert C. Fisher wrote:
      > Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
      > of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.
      >
      > On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:
      >
      >> . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
      >> digital sensors.
      >>
      >> I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
      >> freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
      >>
      >> Paul Fretheim
      >>
      >> _
      >

      > Cheers
      > Robert C. Fisher
      > VR Photography / Cinematography
      > bob@...
      > http://www.rcfisher.com
      > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

    • michael crane
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
        On Fri, December 31, 2010 10:12 pm, Ian Wood wrote:

        > On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:18, Uri wrote:
        >
        >> hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome
        >> process.
        >
        > Good luck with that. :-(
        >
        > As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex
        > commercially-used film development process of all time.
        What was the process the 3rd layer down was a yellow filter ?

        > Happy New Year all.

        yes

        --
        mickiwiki.com
      • Bernhard Vogl
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
          Am 12/31/2010 9:18 PM, schrieb Uri:

          > I hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.

          I think you're confusing it with Polaroid:
          http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

          Best wishes
          Bernhard