Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: R.I.P. Kodachrome

  • Robert C. Fisher
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
      Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
      of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.

      On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:

      > . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
      > digital sensors.
      >
      > I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
      > freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
      >
      > Paul Fretheim
      >
      > _

      Cheers
      Robert C. Fisher
      VR Photography / Cinematography
      bob@...
      http://www.rcfisher.com
      Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
        Hang on to them for as long as possible. They
        can only increase in value as they become more
        rare.

        Robert C. Fisher wrote:
        > Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
        > of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.
        >
        > On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:
        >
        >> . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
        >> digital sensors.
        >>
        >> I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
        >> freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
        >>
        >> Paul Fretheim
        >>
        >> _
        >

        > Cheers
        > Robert C. Fisher
        > VR Photography / Cinematography
        > bob@...
        > http://www.rcfisher.com
        > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

      • michael crane
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
          On Fri, December 31, 2010 10:12 pm, Ian Wood wrote:

          > On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:18, Uri wrote:
          >
          >> hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome
          >> process.
          >
          > Good luck with that. :-(
          >
          > As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex
          > commercially-used film development process of all time.
          What was the process the 3rd layer down was a yellow filter ?

          > Happy New Year all.

          yes

          --
          mickiwiki.com
        • Bernhard Vogl
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
            Am 12/31/2010 9:18 PM, schrieb Uri:

            > I hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.

            I think you're confusing it with Polaroid:
            http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

            Best wishes
            Bernhard