Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: R.I.P. Kodachrome

  • Ian Wood
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
      On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:18, Uri wrote:

      > hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.

      Good luck with that. :-(

      As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex commercially-used film development process of all time.

      Happy New Year all.

      Ian
    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
        Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
        of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.

        On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:

        > . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
        > digital sensors.
        >
        > I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
        > freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
        >
        > Paul Fretheim
        >
        > _

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography / Cinematography
        bob@...
        http://www.rcfisher.com
        Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
          Hang on to them for as long as possible. They
          can only increase in value as they become more
          rare.

          Robert C. Fisher wrote:
          > Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
          > of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.
          >
          > On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:
          >
          >> . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
          >> digital sensors.
          >>
          >> I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
          >> freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
          >>
          >> Paul Fretheim
          >>
          >> _
          >

          > Cheers
          > Robert C. Fisher
          > VR Photography / Cinematography
          > bob@...
          > http://www.rcfisher.com
          > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

        • michael crane
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
            On Fri, December 31, 2010 10:12 pm, Ian Wood wrote:

            > On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:18, Uri wrote:
            >
            >> hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome
            >> process.
            >
            > Good luck with that. :-(
            >
            > As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex
            > commercially-used film development process of all time.
            What was the process the 3rd layer down was a yellow filter ?

            > Happy New Year all.

            yes

            --
            mickiwiki.com
          • Bernhard Vogl
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
              Am 12/31/2010 9:18 PM, schrieb Uri:

              > I hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.

              I think you're confusing it with Polaroid:
              http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

              Best wishes
              Bernhard