Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: R.I.P. Kodachrome

Expand Messages
  • Paul Fretheim
    I saw the bit on NBC news last night about the finale for Kodachrome. The images in the piece had crummy color and looked pretty bad. Film just can t come
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      I saw the bit on NBC news last night about the finale for Kodachrome.
      The images in the piece had crummy color and looked pretty bad. Film
      just can't come close to the images we get with modern digital sensors.

      I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
      freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.

      Paul Fretheim
    • Uri
      ... Well, Marshall MacLuhan observed that obsolete technology tends to become an art form. I hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...> wrote:

        > I have in the cupboard (as well as an old slide projector) some Kodachrome slides my grandfather took - some would have to be well over 50 years old - still beautiful colour. I might drag them out this weekend just for a bit of nostalgia. "R.I.P. Kodachrome", you will be missed.

        Well, Marshall MacLuhan observed that obsolete technology tends to become an art form. I hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.

        Happy New Year, everyone!

        Uri
      • Ian Wood
        ... Good luck with that. :-( As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex commercially-used film development process of all time. Happy New Year
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:18, Uri wrote:

          > hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.

          Good luck with that. :-(

          As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex commercially-used film development process of all time.

          Happy New Year all.

          Ian
        • Robert C. Fisher
          Wow Paul I didn t think I would ever hear you say that. You were one of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos. ... Cheers Robert C. Fisher
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
            of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.

            On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:

            > . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
            > digital sensors.
            >
            > I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
            > freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
            >
            > Paul Fretheim
            >
            > _


            Cheers
            Robert C. Fisher
            VR Photography / Cinematography
            bob@...
            http://www.rcfisher.com
            Facebook - Robert C. Fisher






            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Ken Warner
            Hang on to them for as long as possible. They can only increase in value as they become more rare.
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              Hang on to them for as long as possible. They
              can only increase in value as they become more
              rare.

              Robert C. Fisher wrote:
              > Wow Paul I didn't think I would ever hear you say that. You were one
              > of the last holdouts for the photochemical process in panos.
              >
              > On Dec 31, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Paul Fretheim wrote:
              >
              >> . Film just can't come close to the images we get with modern
              >> digital sensors.
              >>
              >> I still have a couple of hundred rolls of Fujichrome Superia 100 in my
              >> freezer. I will let it go cheap if anyone is interested.
              >>
              >> Paul Fretheim
              >>
              >> _
              >
              >
              > Cheers
              > Robert C. Fisher
              > VR Photography / Cinematography
              > bob@...
              > http://www.rcfisher.com
              > Facebook - Robert C. Fisher
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              >
              >
            • michael crane
              ... What was the process the 3rd layer down was a yellow filter ? ... yes ... -- mickiwiki.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 31, 2010
              • 0 Attachment
                On Fri, December 31, 2010 10:12 pm, Ian Wood wrote:
                >
                > On 31 Dec 2010, at 20:18, Uri wrote:
                >
                >> hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome
                >> process.
                >
                > Good luck with that. :-(
                >
                > As far as I can remember, Kodachrome was the most complex
                > commercially-used film development process of all time.
                What was the process the 3rd layer down was a yellow filter ?

                > Happy New Year all.


                yes

                > Ian


                --
                mickiwiki.com
              • Bernhard Vogl
                ... I think you re confusing it with Polaroid: http://www.the-impossible-project.com/ Best wishes Bernhard
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  Am 12/31/2010 9:18 PM, schrieb Uri:
                  >
                  > I hear that there is a group trying to revive or re-create the Kodachrome process.
                  >
                  I think you're confusing it with Polaroid:
                  http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

                  Best wishes
                  Bernhard
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.