Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Pano2QTVR and overlays

  • Thomas Rauscher
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
      Hello yuv,

      on Wednesday, July 12, 2006, 00:17:08 you wrote:

      >> > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
      >> > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
      >> Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
      >> want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
      >> where ever you want.

      y> It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
      y> transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
      y> very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
      y> the foreground.

      y> I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

      I guess the transparent PNG is not working correct. A good way to do
      this things is to choose a color key for your overlay image, than set
      the blend mode to "transparent" and choose this color in the Color
      box.

      A small example:

      - draw the overlay image with white background
      - save it without alpha channel as PNG
      - import this image into Pano2QTVR as "additional sprite"
      - Check "visible"
      - Move the rectangle to the position where you want to have the image
      - Set blend mode to "transparent"
      - Select white in the "color" box

      that's it!

      I hope this helps.

      MfG,
      Thomas.
    • yuval levy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
        Thanks Thomas, it worked - more or less. It left a one
        pixel border in the background color of the overlay
        and I guess the problem was with the PNG 8 bit alpha
        channel.

        Also I would have a few useability suggestions /
        feature requests:

        1. Zoom: when setting up for fullscreen, the white
        surface representing the movies overlaps the window
        size. when scrolling I sometimes do not see the sprite
        placement. A zoom factor to fit it all in the window
        would be highly appreciated.

        2. Coordinates references - currently it is from the
        left/top. how about adding a checkbox next to each of
        the number to determine whether it should be from the
        left or the right, and from the top or the bottom?

        3. Width/height: how about reading initial values as
        the W/H of the loaded graphic? most people will want
        to use that, I suspect, for a different value will
        result in weird stretching and it is easier to deal
        with the dimension of the overlay in photoshop.

        Thank you very much for this great tool and your fast
        and friendly support!

        Yuv

        http://mail.yahoo.com