Re: 4/3 camera and new panasonic 8mm fisheye pano samples?

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 95 , Dec 14, 2010
      Here are some Samyang+Nex sample shots -- a very high quality relatively inexpensive compact fisheye combo if you dont need full circle coverage
      http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=37169111

      PeterM
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "afrenyo" <andras@...> wrote:

      > I see; I did not realize the difference between those two would be so drastic against the sensor. expected some difference, but nothing like that.
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" <panovrx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Sigma has a standard fisheye projection (like most fisheyes) as opposed to the Samyang which has a more visually "readable" perspective but it is angularly stretched compared to the rest. So the Sigma 8mm (and other 8mms except the Samyang) will give you top and bottom of 180 image circle (and cropped sides on a vertical format) on APS-C format .. so regular 8mm fisheye perspective is much more useful for rapid/action panoramas on APS-C.
      > >
      > > PeterM
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "afrenyo" <andras@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > sorry for being so thick then, clearly i am missing something here. what is the benefit of the sigma over the samyang, in your opinion?
      > > >
      > > > "it no doubt will work on the Sigma 8mm too. So that is a way of using a Canon
      > > > mount 8mm fisheye on Nex (if you have a Canon body handy)."

    • panovrx
      Message 95 of 95 , Jan 24, 2011
        An interesting capability of the Panasonic GH2 is its 40 fps 4k jpg 1 sec burst capacity
        http://vimeo.com/19016152
        .. GH2 has a highest shutter speed of 1/4000 and this might be just fast enough to shoot 360s with a 1 sec continuous rotation device. If you could sync two GH2s in this mode (electronic shutter -- not mechanical -- but with lots of rolling shutter distortion apparently) with 2 8mms say - gives you 360 stereo panoramas in one second.

        PeterM