RE: [PanoToolsNG] Filters for PS

  • Fernando Chaves
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi Fabio,

      Which OS are running?
      I never had any bug in ptadjust, but I process only few images at a time, on
      win xp and vista 32. It looks like a problem related to temp files or cache.
      Remember, you need to run Photoshop as administrator in win vista in order
      to make ptadjust works (ptools writes temp files in c:, which is not allowed
      in vista).
      I have no idea about PS not recognizing plugins. Are you sure they are in
      the right folder? Did you try double click the ptadjust (plugin) icon?
      Best regards,

      Fernando

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
        Am 03.12.2010 00:10, schrieb Fabio Bustamante:

        > Erik, I'm basically extracting rectilinear zenith and nadir images for
        > editing, then inserting them back. Right now I'm working with 9000x4500
        > panos and extracting 3000x3000 Z+N (90 degrees fov).

        That can easily be done using PTGui. See
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Extract_view#PTGui for details

      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2010
          Yes that version does suffer that issue after a few uses of larger images.

          I have been very slow at getting a new version out. Right now I still have a few days left to a vacation. The new version does not seam to suffer this problem but still needs some features to have everything as the current version.

          A search of this list will find a link to a beta 64bit Windows version.

          Sent via phone.

          Jim Watters
          http://photocreations.ca

          Fabio Bustamante <contato@...> wrote:

          >Hey Fernando,
          >
          >Comming to think of it, I think I've been using his versions of the
          >plugins. I just thought that some other version could be more stable.
          >
          >Fact is my panotools plugin for PS (specially the adjust) is a bit
          >buggy. Every time I apply it to a certain number of images it starts
          >giving an error message and I have to restart PS. And now that I'm
          >working with higher resolution images, I have to do it more ofen (every
          >2 or 3 uses), which is starting to become annoying. So I figured that
          >maybe a different version could be free from this bug.
          >
          >Do you have any idea why PS doesn't recognize the 8BF plugins from the
          >sourceforge page? BTW, did you ever encounter this bug?
          >
          >Regards,
          >
          >Fabio
          >
          >Em 02/12/2010 16:09, Fernando Chaves escreveu:
          >> Hi Fabio,
          >> I'm using the installer from Jim Watters, on winvista 32.
          >>
          >> http://www.photocreations.ca/panotools/index.html
          >>
          >> It works fine in ps3, ps4 and 5 (32 bits).
          >>
          >> Best regards,
          >>
          >> Fernando

        • nosrebuh
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
            Hi Fabio
            Did you try to run Photoshop as an Administrator?. I struggled a long time with PTCorrect on Photoshop CS6 before reading Jim Watter's notes on his site (just before writing to him!).
            All other plug-ins worked but PTCorrect...After running as an Administrator all went fine
            Jean Huberson