Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Filters for PS

  • Fabio Bustamante
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
      Erik, I'm basically extracting rectilinear zenith and nadir images for
      editing, then inserting them back. Right now I'm working with 9000x4500
      panos and extracting 3000x3000 Z+N (90 degrees fov).

      Em 02/12/2010 20:47, Erik Krause escreveu:
      > Am 02.12.2010 23:23, schrieb Fabio Bustamante:
      >> Fact is my panotools plugin for PS (specially the adjust) is a bit
      >> buggy. Every time I apply it to a certain number of images it starts
      >> giving an error message and I have to restart PS. And now that I'm
      >> working with higher resolution images, I have to do it more ofen (every
      >> 2 or 3 uses), which is starting to become annoying. So I figured that
      >> maybe a different version could be free from this bug.
      > What actually are you doing with the plugins? Most of it should be
      > possible with f.e. PTGui as well...

    • Fernando Chaves
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
        Hi Fabio,

        Which OS are running?
        I never had any bug in ptadjust, but I process only few images at a time, on
        win xp and vista 32. It looks like a problem related to temp files or cache.
        Remember, you need to run Photoshop as administrator in win vista in order
        to make ptadjust works (ptools writes temp files in c:, which is not allowed
        in vista).
        I have no idea about PS not recognizing plugins. Are you sure they are in
        the right folder? Did you try double click the ptadjust (plugin) icon?
        Best regards,

        Fernando

        Comming to think of it, I think I've been using his versions of the
        plugins. I just thought that some other version could be more stable.

        Fact is my panotools plugin for PS (specially the adjust) is a bit
        buggy. Every time I apply it to a certain number of images it starts
        giving an error message and I have to restart PS. And now that I'm
        working with higher resolution images, I have to do it more ofen (every
        2 or 3 uses), which is starting to become annoying. So I figured that
        maybe a different version could be free from this bug.

        Do you have any idea why PS doesn't recognize the 8BF plugins from the
        sourceforge page? BTW, did you ever encounter this bug?

        Regards,

        Fabio
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
          Am 03.12.2010 00:10, schrieb Fabio Bustamante:

          > Erik, I'm basically extracting rectilinear zenith and nadir images for
          > editing, then inserting them back. Right now I'm working with 9000x4500
          > panos and extracting 3000x3000 Z+N (90 degrees fov).

          That can easily be done using PTGui. See
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Extract_view#PTGui for details

        • Jim Watters
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2010
            Yes that version does suffer that issue after a few uses of larger images.

            I have been very slow at getting a new version out. Right now I still have a few days left to a vacation. The new version does not seam to suffer this problem but still needs some features to have everything as the current version.

            A search of this list will find a link to a beta 64bit Windows version.

            Sent via phone.

            Jim Watters
            http://photocreations.ca

            Fabio Bustamante <contato@...> wrote:

            >Hey Fernando,
            >
            >Comming to think of it, I think I've been using his versions of the
            >plugins. I just thought that some other version could be more stable.
            >
            >Fact is my panotools plugin for PS (specially the adjust) is a bit
            >buggy. Every time I apply it to a certain number of images it starts
            >giving an error message and I have to restart PS. And now that I'm
            >working with higher resolution images, I have to do it more ofen (every
            >2 or 3 uses), which is starting to become annoying. So I figured that
            >maybe a different version could be free from this bug.
            >
            >Do you have any idea why PS doesn't recognize the 8BF plugins from the
            >sourceforge page? BTW, did you ever encounter this bug?
            >
            >Regards,
            >
            >Fabio
            >
            >Em 02/12/2010 16:09, Fernando Chaves escreveu:
            >> Hi Fabio,
            >> I'm using the installer from Jim Watters, on winvista 32.
            >>
            >> http://www.photocreations.ca/panotools/index.html
            >>
            >> It works fine in ps3, ps4 and 5 (32 bits).
            >>
            >> Best regards,
            >>
            >> Fernando

          • nosrebuh
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 15, 2013
              Hi Fabio
              Did you try to run Photoshop as an Administrator?. I struggled a long time with PTCorrect on Photoshop CS6 before reading Jim Watter's notes on his site (just before writing to him!).
              All other plug-ins worked but PTCorrect...After running as an Administrator all went fine
              Jean Huberson