Re: [PanoToolsNG] Upload Panoramas to Photosynth

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 2, 2010
      I have the latest version of Photosynth installed, have a valid hotmail
      account, and have a Photosynth account that uses this ID.

      I have installed the plugin, and PhotoShop invites me to export to
      photosynth. Everything looks fine, but when I click on "upload" what
      gets uploaded is a tiny portion of the full equirectangular panorama.

      I have tried this twice now, and had to delete the result.

      Help!

      Roger W.

      On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 03:27:01 +0900, Matt Uyttendaele <matt@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello. We've released a new Photoshop Plug-in that enables users to
      > upload panoramas to the free Photosynth hosting service. The plug-in
      > supports equirectangular, cylindrical, and rectilinear source images,
      > converts these to a cube-map, and uploads the full-resolution result to
      > the web. More information is available here:
      > http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/
      > <http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/\
      >>

      > Here is a nice example of a full 360x180 uploaded by Bernhard Vogl:
      > http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=909f4dc9-718e-4917-abb1-fd53631e258d
      > <http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=909f4dc9-718e-4917-abb1-fd53631e258\
      > d>
      >
      > For quicky panoramas - one other fun feature of the plug-in is that it
      > will re-project a single fisheye image to a cube-map and upload that
      > result.
      >
      > The Photoshop Plug-in is currently Windows only, but the Photosynth
      > interactive viewer works on Windows+Mac.
      >
      > -Matt Uyttendaele, Microsoft

      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 9, 2010
        On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:39:55 +0900, Jim Watters
        <jwatters@...> wrote:

        > I really do not like having buttons except Full-Screen. The direction,
        > zoom in/out buttons just distract from the experience.
        > Here is an idea. If the user starts panning with the mouse, hide the
        > directional
        > buttons. If the user starts zooming in/out with the scroll wheel hide
        > the zoom buttons.

        Hmmm. That might work. Bummer if you change your mind, though... <grin>

        Roger W.