Re: [PanoToolsNG] Going to Kuwait? Be prepared

  • Trausti Hraunfjord
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 2, 2010
      I am not talking politics... I am talking about everyday attacks on our
      profession and our freedom to use cameras to take pictures. Censorship by
      others or self-censoring is not something I have respect for, but I don't
      think there is anything in the contents of this discussion that should be
      censored or kept out of this place, since it is about the freedom to shoot
      the panoramas we are to speak about. No freedom to use cameras... and there
      will be no panoramas to talk about. Of course, as with everything else in
      life, discussions may get tainted with personal opinions and feelings, but
      I'm pretty sure that everything here is still civil and in the right
      spirit. I have no interest in starting a political mud/throwing contest. I
      am however interested in making sure that people are aware of the situation
      we are all facing. I can stand by what I said, and I am pretty sure that
      everyone else here, will agree with me that no one and nothing should be
      allowed to take away our photographic rights, and that is the essence of my
      opinions put into rants here.

      ... apart from that, I would love to speak to people face to face over a
      couple of beers or good strong coffee, but since we are spread all over the
      world, such scenarios will have to remain in one's dreams :)

      As you say: reality isn't (only) black and white... that is why we have
      differing views on different things... after all we are not mass produced
      robots (not all of us in any case).

      Enjoy the day.

      Message 46 of 46 , Dec 4, 2010
        Please *read completely* before you reply! This is serious.

        Am 04.12.2010 07:15, schrieb AYRTON:
        > do you all know, that our Keith has left the List ????
        > This is BAD !!!
        > Why waste time discussing things that are not directly related to
        > panography
        > and ... insulting others just because some people think they're funny, very
        > f... funny
        > This really makes me very mad !
        > SHAME ! ! !

        Yes, it's a real shame! And I feel especially ashamed as a moderator of
        that list because I missed that discussion and got notified only via the
        moderators list where some people complained (which is the right way to
        deal with such incidents). Although it is in the footer of each message
        here again the address of the moderators list:

        Please bookmark it and use it if someone offends you. Please don't try
        for yourself to argue with the offender.

        As a result of this incident we (the moderators) currently discuss to
        put offending members more easily on moderation for a limited period.
        This means, that each message they post needs to be approved by a
        moderator - not as a punishment but as a means to protect the list.

        We don't like this instrument very much, not only because it increases
        the workload but because it might cause fear to post something wrong.

        Therefore we would like to call on anyone to think twice before he or
        she posts something that might be offending to others. Especially
        discrediting whole groups generally, be it profession, belief or
        anything else, should not be posted here - even if you think this should
        be common sense.

        Pleas observe the user guidelines as outlined on

        The general netiquette rules also apply:

        I urge anyone to read those resources carefully!

        Please note that any discussion about user guidelines, moderator duties,
        list policy etc. is *off topic* here and will not be allowed.
        Panotools-List@yahoogroups.com was created especially for those
        discussions. Feel free to join on