RE: [PanoToolsNG] Imagemagick - looking for good tutorial or book

  • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2010
      Looks interesting.
      I've been using Irfanview to do my resizing in a batch file.

      Do you know if you can use a set of switches in sizimg to have outer bounds
      for horizontal and vertical sizes but keep the aspect of the image
      regardless of landscape/portrait orientation.

      Eg. I can use the following command for irfanview to resize an image to have
      it's longest edge be 800pix
      (so the height would be 800pix if the image was in portrait or the width
      would be 800pix if the image was in landscape)

      "i_view32.exe" <sourceimage_path&name> /resize=(800,800) /aspectratio
      /resample /convert="<destinationimage_path&name>"

      Cheers,
      Darren.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
        I haven't used it lately, but I am pretty sure you can do that. The documentation is terse, but should tell you.

        John

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        (h)864-461-3504
        (c)864-431-7075
        (w)864-503-5775

      • Fulvio Senore
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2010
          If all you want to do is resize the images you can use this:

          http://www.fsoft.it/imaging/en/Default.htm

          the standalone program is free, the image quality is very high and it
          can do what you need in a very simple way.

          Fulvio Senore

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 7, 2010
            This looks good!
            Is there a way to pass command line options to the program, and exit upon
            completion?

            Thanks,
            Darren.

[...]
            )> )
            )> )John Riley
            )> )johnriley@...
            )> )(h)864-461-3504
            )> )(c)864-431-7075
            )> )(w)864-503-5775
            )> )
            )> )On Nov 30, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Peter wrote:
            )> )
            )> )> Hi,
            )> )> I want do convert thousands of images using the
            )commandline )tool
            )> imagemagick.
            )> )>
[...]
            )> ------------------------------------
            )>
            )
            )
            )------------------------------------
            )
            )--
            )
            )
            )
            )
          • Fulvio Senore
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2010
              No, at the moment this is only a GUI program waiting for input from the
              user.
              I realize that I could add a command-line version, anyway.

              Fulvio

            • Peter
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 14, 2010
                Thanks a lot!
                In the meantime, I found what I needed.

                This is my final result, a single convert-command, that I apply to thousands of images (generated by Excel).

                "convert Drehungen\25_0829\DSC_2844.tif -crop 2807x1491+170+152 +repage -resize 380x -gravity center -background white -extent 380x357 -unsharp 0.2+3+0 -profile sRGB.icc -strip -quality 90 export-pd\~25_0829\25_0829_normal_015.jpg"

                Peter

                (thread closed)