Re: Upload Panoramas to Photosynth - 360video to Photosynth?

  • panometr
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 1 5:13 PM
      Hi Matt,

      Thanks for the info about this plug-in. I will test it this week.

      Please have a look to this video:
      http://www.youtube.com/embed/z3Nl66Y8ll8?hd=1

      I wonder if this scenario is possible:
      1) to record 360video (movement through the building - like my example on YouTube)
      2) to separate individual frames to jpg files
      3) to upload for example 100-1000 frames (individual panoramas) to Photosynth
      4) to export point cloud with a 3D representation of the building from Photosynth

      What do you think about such approach?
      Spherical video camera like Ladybug2/3 generates a lot of visual information which (I hope) is ok to create basic 3D model of a space. Am I right?

      Karol Kwiatek
      www.charles3d.info

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Uyttendaele" <matt@...> wrote:

      > Hello. We've released a new Photoshop Plug-in that enables users to
      > upload panoramas to the free Photosynth hosting service. The plug-in
      > supports equirectangular, cylindrical, and rectilinear source images,
      > converts these to a cube-map, and uploads the full-resolution result to
      > the web. More information is available here:
      > http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/
      > <http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/\
      > >

      > Here is a nice example of a full 360x180 uploaded by Bernhard Vogl:
      > http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=909f4dc9-718e-4917-abb1-fd53631e258d
      > <http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=909f4dc9-718e-4917-abb1-fd53631e258\
      > d>
      >
      > For quicky panoramas - one other fun feature of the plug-in is that it
      > will re-project a single fisheye image to a cube-map and upload that
      > result.
      >
      > The Photoshop Plug-in is currently Windows only, but the Photosynth
      > interactive viewer works on Windows+Mac.
      >
      > -Matt Uyttendaele, Microsoft

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 9 5:48 PM
        On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:39:55 +0900, Jim Watters
        <jwatters@...> wrote:

        > I really do not like having buttons except Full-Screen. The direction,
        > zoom in/out buttons just distract from the experience.
        > Here is an idea. If the user starts panning with the mouse, hide the
        > directional
        > buttons. If the user starts zooming in/out with the scroll wheel hide
        > the zoom buttons.

        Hmmm. That might work. Bummer if you change your mind, though... <grin>

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger