Re: [PanoToolsNG] panomonkey beta

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      Sometime around 1/12/10 (at 10:59 +0100) Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net said:

      >Ok, the word got out, I was hoping we'd have things in better order before
      >all the pano folks found out about it, but hey, so it goes.

      :-)
      Sorry about spoiling any controlled announcement plans! It is beta,
      but as the demonstration panoramas, er, 'demonstrate' it can work
      rather well.

      I'm looking forward to this maturing. I wouldn't expect it to be a
      match for critical, hand-tuned stitching, but it seems very
      effective. I'll certainly work on streamlining the iPad-based
      select/upload workflow. And it could be very helpful for getting
      people (students in particular) started with this stuff.

    • prague
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2010
        http://www.360cities.net/search/panomonkey

        these were all made using panomonkey and shot HANDHELD. i'm the first to admit that i know the ideal way to shoot for input, so i have an advantage. the main goal for panomonkey at this point is to show people how to shoot like this to get the same quality.

        but really, honestly,
        http://www.360cities.net/image/waterfall-near-okor-czech-republic

        how much better can you do spending TIME stitching this? (except my missing hand) (yes i know many of you can do better - but you get my point i hope)

        Anyway, at least one panomonkey user already has gone on to buy PTGui (that I know of). I hope we're "increasing the size of the pie" (meaning, "it's not how big your slice of the pie is, it's how big the pie is, that matters")

        cheers,
        Jeffrey