Re: [PanoToolsNG] Going to Kuwait? Be prepared

  • Arie de Ruiter
    Message 1 of 46 , Dec 1, 2010
      please, can we stop thread? panorama knowledge/experience/enthusiasm/willingness to share has nothing to do with this kind of talk

      What was/is this group meant for?

      arie de ruiter

      _______________

      Sent from my iPad

      Message 46 of 46 , Dec 4, 2010
        Please *read completely* before you reply! This is serious.

        Am 04.12.2010 07:15, schrieb AYRTON:
        > do you all know, that our Keith has left the List ????
        >
        > This is BAD !!!
        >
        > Why waste time discussing things that are not directly related to
        > panography
        > and ... insulting others just because some people think they're funny, very
        > f... funny
        >
        > This really makes me very mad !
        >
        > SHAME ! ! !

        Yes, it's a real shame! And I feel especially ashamed as a moderator of
        that list because I missed that discussion and got notified only via the
        moderators list where some people complained (which is the right way to
        deal with such incidents). Although it is in the footer of each message
        here again the address of the moderators list:

        PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com

        Please bookmark it and use it if someone offends you. Please don't try
        for yourself to argue with the offender.

        As a result of this incident we (the moderators) currently discuss to
        put offending members more easily on moderation for a limited period.
        This means, that each message they post needs to be approved by a
        moderator - not as a punishment but as a means to protect the list.

        We don't like this instrument very much, not only because it increases
        the workload but because it might cause fear to post something wrong.

        Therefore we would like to call on anyone to think twice before he or
        she posts something that might be offending to others. Especially
        discrediting whole groups generally, be it profession, belief or
        anything else, should not be posted here - even if you think this should
        be common sense.

        Pleas observe the user guidelines as outlined on
        http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines

        The general netiquette rules also apply:
        http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
        especially

        I urge anyone to read those resources carefully!

        Please note that any discussion about user guidelines, moderator duties,
        list policy etc. is *off topic* here and will not be allowed.
        Panotools-List@yahoogroups.com was created especially for those
        discussions. Feel free to join on
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List