Re: MacBook Air 11

  • Thomas Krüger
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 1, 2010
      @ Hans + Willy: To edit large 16bit tiff files on the Mac Book Air do you use
      Photoshop CS5 or something else? We need a new notebook next year and are
      thinking about to switch to the Mac.
    • Hans
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 1, 2010
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...> wrote:

        > @ Hans + Willy: To edit large 16bit tiff files on the Mac Book Air do you use
        > Photoshop CS5 or something else? We need a new notebook next year and are
        > thinking about to switch to the Mac.

        I will install CS5 tomorrow on it.
        Will check back and tell how it works with large files.

      • bigwade
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 2, 2010
          Hans, Congrats with your new toy ;-)
          personally I can't imagine how you can do a decent stitch for a quality pano
          on such a small screen.

          I like my iMac27+extra Eizo screen, ± 1 meter wide together :-)

          btw use the old 17" for the kitchen and iTunes use and give away the older
          one..:-)
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 2, 2010
            ...ever thought about travelling on assignment with a small and lightweight
            computer?
          • bigwade
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 2, 2010
              Yep, I use a macbook 13" for storing/viewing images and tethered shooting but
              not for stitching, screen is simply to small for my usage.
              and 11" is even smaller…..
              Hey, and with a small country as the Netherlands I don't need an "on the
              road" stitch machine ;-)
            • Hans
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 2, 2010
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, bigwade <celsius@...> wrote:

                > Hans, Congrats with your new toy ;-)
                > personally I can't imagine how you can do a decent stitch for a quality pano
                > on such a small screen.

                Stitching does not really need a screen at all. You just load the images in batchbuilder and push the button.

                > I like my iMac27+extra Eizo screen, ± 1 meter wide together :-)

                I have a 40" Sony Bravia as extra screen on mine. I beat you with 50cm.

                Hans

                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 2, 2010
                  Hans-74 wrote:

                  > I have a 40" Sony Bravia as extra screen on mine. I beat you with 50cm.
                  >
                  > Hans

                  I knew this would come, you must feel very happy ;-)
                • Bostjan Burger
                  Message 8 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010
                    I didn't mention that I stiched with the latest PTGui 8.x. I have downloaded the
                    latest PTGui 9.x today and tried to stich with the same settings and same PC. I
                    left the corest to "auto", that is 8 threads. And new stiching time? 1 min 33
                    sec, that is 1 min 2 sec faster. Faster stiching with PTGui as beter using of
                    cores?

                    Bostjan

                    On Nov 30, 2010, at 21:09, Bostjan Burger wrote:

                    > After your posting I did a quickie test on my portable Dell Studio 1747: i7,
                    > Q720,@1.60 GHz, 8 GB DDr3 1333 Mhz, 64-bit Win7, settings to 4 cores, 69% Ram
                    > used (default) = 2 min 35 sec. (12000x6000 16 bit from 8 images Canon 5D Mark
                    > II) ... settings to compare with yours.
                    >
                    > Bostjan

                  • Hans
                    Message 9 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010

                      > I didn't mention that I stiched with the latest PTGui 8.x. I have downloaded the
                      > latest PTGui 9.x today and tried to stich with the same settings and same PC. I
                      > left the corest to "auto", that is 8 threads. And new stiching time? 1 min 33
                      > sec, that is 1 min 2 sec faster. Faster stiching with PTGui as beter using of
                      > cores?

                      This can not be correct. The fact is that Joost has changed the autosetting to 4 threads for in the final version of PTGui9. I doubt he made that only on Mac, the processor is the same and the problem the same on Windows.

                      And on Windows if you used 8.3.10 64 bit it was actually faster. I cant test this on this large panorama as version 8 was 32 bit on Mac but for smaller panoramas my speed is increased by 20% compared to 8.3.10. Joost has confirmed this after several reported it.
                      Some people reported much larger difference.

                      I did a new test on the final version and got 2.43 with the auto setting which now is 4 threads. Increasing it to 8 resulted in tripling the stitching time to 8.11

                      Maybe you forgot to set it to 16 bit.
                      Outputting same panorama at 8bit only takes 1.20 with 4 threads.

                      Hans

                      > Bostjan
                      >

                      > On Nov 30, 2010, at 21:09, Bostjan Burger wrote:
                      >
                      > > After your posting I did a quickie test on my portable Dell Studio 1747: i7,
                      > > Q720,@... GHz, 8 GB DDr3 1333 Mhz, 64-bit Win7, settings to 4 cores, 69% Ram
                      > > used (default) = 2 min 35 sec. (12000x6000 16 bit from 8 images Canon 5D Mark
                      > > II) ... settings to compare with yours.
                      > >
                      > > Bostjan

                    • Hans
                      Message 10 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Krüger <th.krueger@...> wrote:

                        > @ Hans + Willy: To edit large 16bit tiff files on the Mac Book Air do you use
                        > Photoshop CS5 or something else? We need a new notebook next year and are
                        > thinking about to switch to the Mac.

                        Here is my test with Photoshop CS5.

                        iMac 27" i7 8GB Ram
                        Convert 10 img 5D Martk II Raw to 16 bit tif = 44 s
                        Open 12000x6000 16bit tif first time 8.4 - 15 sec next time same image 1.4 s
                        Shadow/highlight 3.8 s
                        Unsharp mask 2.2 s

                        MacBook Air 11" 1.6 GHz 4GB Ram
                        Converting Raw 105 s
                        Open same 12000x6000 panorama 3 times 6-4.8-4.8 s
                        Open from USB stick 25 sec
                        Shadow Highlight 11.1- 11.8
                        Unsharp mask 4.2 - 4.2

                        MacBook Pro 17" 2006 DualCore 2,16 2GB Ram
                        Converting Raw 228 s - 185 s
                        Open 12000x6000 panorama 19 s
                        Shadow Highlight 36 s
                        Unsharp mask 50 s

                        The fact that this incredibly small 1 kg laptop is more than 3 times faster on most tasks than my 2.16ghz MacBook which receives better Geekbench result really makes me wonder how they perform those tests. The memory usage for the Raw images is within the Ram applied for the CS4 32 bit so the fact that Air has 4GB and 64bit should not make this difference.
                        Both has 1 processor with 2 cores.

                        The difference with the superfast iMac i7 is not that large.

                        The only thing I miss from my old MacBook is the battery change. All new MacBooks have a fixed battery and stitching is probably the most demanding you can do. It drains the batteries very fast, flash is nothing against it.
                        My guess is that 15 stitches 12000x6000 16 bit is the max you can do.
                        Maybe the next thing Jobs will do is to forbid us to install Photoshop and Ptgui.

                        The only way to use them for longer time in the field is an external battery. There are a couple available and they are not much more expensive than the old built in ones for my 17" MacBook is.

                        Hans
                      • Bostjan Burger
                        Message 11 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010
                          Some more: (12000x6000 16 bit from 8 images Canon 5D Mark)

                          4 cores: 1 min 10 sec
                          2 cores: 1 min:40 sec
                          3 cores: 1 min 35 sec

                          comparing with my previous tests and the same mesthod the use of 4 cores with
                          PTGui 9.x is the fastest.
                          That was all with Win 7 64-bit. I don't know for the Mac....

                          Bostjan

                          ________________________________
                          > I didn't mention that I stiched with the latest PTGui 8.x. I have downloaded
                          >the
                          >
                          > latest PTGui 9.x today and tried to stich with the same settings and same PC. I
                          >
                          > left the corest to "auto", that is 8 threads. And new stiching time? 1 min 33
                          > sec, that is 1 min 2 sec faster. Faster stiching with PTGui as beter using of
                          > cores?

                          This can not be correct. The fact is that Joost has changed the autosetting to 4
                          threads for in the final version of PTGui9. I doubt he made that only on Mac,
                          the processor is the same and the problem the same on Windows.

                          And on Windows if you used 8.3.10 64 bit it was actually faster. I cant test
                          this on this large panorama as version 8 was 32 bit on Mac but for smaller
                          panoramas my speed is increased by 20% compared to 8.3.10. Joost has confirmed
                          this after several reported it.
                          Some people reported much larger difference.

                          I did a new test on the final version and got 2.43 with the auto setting which
                          now is 4 threads. Increasing it to 8 resulted in tripling the stitching time
                          to 8.11

                          Maybe you forgot to set it to 16 bit.
                          Outputting same panorama at 8bit only takes 1.20 with 4 threads.

                          Hans

                          > Bostjan
                          >

                          > On Nov 30, 2010, at 21:09, Bostjan Burger wrote:
                          >
                          > > After your posting I did a quickie test on my portable Dell Studio 1747: i7,

                          > > Q720,@... GHz, 8 GB DDr3 1333 Mhz, 64-bit Win7, settings to 4 cores, 69% Ram

                          > > used (default) = 2 min 35 sec. (12000x6000 16 bit from 8 images Canon 5D Mark
                          >
                          > > II) ... settings to compare with yours.
                          > >
                          > > Bostjan

                        • Bjørn K Nilssen
                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010
                            På Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:59:22 +0100, skrev Hans <hans@...>:

                            > Here is my test with Photoshop CS5.
                            >
                            > iMac 27" i7 8GB Ram
                            > Convert 10 img 5D Martk II Raw to 16 bit tif = 44 s
                            > Open 12000x6000 16bit tif first time 8.4 - 15 sec next time same image 1.4 s
                            > Shadow/highlight 3.8 s
                            > Unsharp mask 2.2 s
                            >
                            > MacBook Air 11" 1.6 GHz 4GB Ram
                            > Converting Raw 105 s
                            > Open same 12000x6000 panorama 3 times 6-4.8-4.8 s
                            > Open from USB stick 25 sec
                            > Shadow Highlight 11.1- 11.8
                            > Unsharp mask 4.2 - 4.2
                            >
                            > MacBook Pro 17" 2006 DualCore 2,16 2GB Ram
                            > Converting Raw 228 s - 185 s
                            > Open 12000x6000 panorama 19 s
                            > Shadow Highlight 36 s
                            > Unsharp mask 50 s
                            >
                            > The fact that this incredibly small 1 kg laptop is more than 3 times faster on most tasks than my 2.16ghz MacBook which receives better Geekbench result really makes me wonder how they perform those tests. The memory usage for the Raw images is within the Ram applied for the CS4 32 bit so the fact that Air has 4GB and 64bit should not make this difference.
                            > Both has 1 processor with 2 cores.

                            I don't know how MAcs handle defragmenting drives, but couldn't fragmentation be a factor? SSD?

                            > The difference with the superfast iMac i7 is not that large.
                            >
                            > The only thing I miss from my old MacBook is the battery change. All new MacBooks have a fixed battery and stitching is probably the most demanding you can do. It drains the batteries very fast, flash is nothing against it.
                            > My guess is that 15 stitches 12000x6000 16 bit is the max you can do.
                            > Maybe the next thing Jobs will do is to forbid us to install Photoshop and Ptgui.

                            I wouldn't be surprised ;)

                            --
                            Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - 3D and panoramas.
                          • Hans
                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                              > PÃ¥ Sat, 04 Dec 2010 12:59:22 +0100, skrev Hans <hans@...>:
                              >
                              > > Here is my test with Photoshop CS5.
                              > >
                              > > iMac 27" i7 8GB Ram
                              > > Convert 10 img 5D Martk II Raw to 16 bit tif = 44 s
                              > > Open 12000x6000 16bit tif first time 8.4 - 15 sec next time same image 1.4 s
                              > > Shadow/highlight 3.8 s
                              > > Unsharp mask 2.2 s
                              > >
                              > > MacBook Air 11" 1.6 GHz 4GB Ram
                              > > Converting Raw 105 s
                              > > Open same 12000x6000 panorama 3 times 6-4.8-4.8 s
                              > > Open from USB stick 25 sec
                              > > Shadow Highlight 11.1- 11.8
                              > > Unsharp mask 4.2 - 4.2
                              > >
                              > > MacBook Pro 17" 2006 DualCore 2,16 2GB Ram
                              > > Converting Raw 228 s - 185 s
                              > > Open 12000x6000 panorama 19 s
                              > > Shadow Highlight 36 s
                              > > Unsharp mask 50 s
                              > >
                              > > The fact that this incredibly small 1 kg laptop is more than 3 times faster on most tasks than my 2.16ghz MacBook which receives better Geekbench result really makes me wonder how they perform those tests. The memory usage for the Raw images is within the Ram applied for the CS4 32 bit so the fact that Air has 4GB and 64bit should not make this difference.
                              > > Both has 1 processor with 2 cores.
                              >
                              > I don't know how MAcs handle defragmenting drives, but couldn't fragmentation be a factor? SSD?
                              >
                              > > The difference with the superfast iMac i7 is not that large.
                              > >
                              > > The only thing I miss from my old MacBook is the battery change. All new MacBooks have a fixed battery and stitching is probably the most demanding you can do. It drains the batteries very fast, flash is nothing against it.
                              > > My guess is that 15 stitches 12000x6000 16 bit is the max you can do.
                              > > Maybe the next thing Jobs will do is to forbid us to install Photoshop and Ptgui.
                              >
                              > I wouldn't be surprised ;)

                              No not really.
                              The MacOS 10 File system is far superior to the Windows system.
                              You can say that Defragmentation is only recommended by people who sells defragmentation software,

                              Also read Apples own support
                              http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1375?viewlocale=en_US

                              I sometimes do it the simple way, that means I just delite the whole volume after having backed it up on another volume or harddisc.

                              To check if it had any effect on the PTGui performance I just did on the MacBook.
                              Result the stitch took 28minutes instead of 30 min before.

                              Hans
                            • Hans
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010

                                > Some more: (12000x6000 16 bit from 8 images Canon 5D Mark)
                                >
                                > 4 cores: 1 min 10 sec
                                > 2 cores: 1 min:40 sec
                                > 3 cores: 1 min 35 sec
                                >
                                > comparing with my previous tests and the same mesthod the use of 4 cores with
                                > PTGui 9.x is the fastest.
                                > That was all with Win 7 64-bit. I don't know for the Mac....

                                I have to say I find your report very difficult to believe.

                                Your Dell has a benchmark here of 3,258
                                http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

                                My iMac processor has 5,554

                                If you look at this Gigapixel test
                                http://hdview.at/speedtest/results.html
                                you find a Dell Dell XPS 435 Core i7 920 2,66 with almost same Benchmark as my iMac 5,558

                                He used 11:25
                                Last time I made the test I used around 12 min.

                                So how can you do the 12000x6000 almost 3 times faster.
                                That does not make sense unless you actually used 8bit images as source.

                                Hans

                                > Bostjan
                                >

                                > ________________________________

                              • Bostjan Burger
                                Message 15 of 30 , Dec 4, 2010
                                  I used RAW images. Windows experience index of Dell is 7.1. Timing was accurate,
                                  starting after pressing "create" panorama and ending after the end of the
                                  progressive bar.
                                  What else to do? ...it is the standard way I do VRPs...except I don't use 8 but
                                  7 images. I didn't try with my new Qosmio, but the resoult will be most probably
                                  even faster...
                                  I use machines as a working horses so everything "artistic" was disabled and I
                                  never had problems with Windows.

                                  Bostjan

                                  ________________________________
                                  > Some more: (12000x6000 16 bit from 8 images Canon 5D Mark)
                                  >
                                  > 4 cores: 1 min 10 sec
                                  > 2 cores: 1 min:40 sec
                                  > 3 cores: 1 min 35 sec
                                  >
                                  > comparing with my previous tests and the same mesthod the use of 4 cores with
                                  > PTGui 9.x is the fastest.
                                  > That was all with Win 7 64-bit. I don't know for the Mac....

                                  I have to say I find your report very difficult to believe.

                                  Your Dell has a benchmark here of 3,258
                                  http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

                                  My iMac processor has 5,554

                                  If you look at this Gigapixel test
                                  http://hdview.at/speedtest/results.html
                                  you find a Dell Dell XPS 435 Core i7 920 2,66 with almost same Benchmark as my
                                  iMac 5,558

                                  He used 11:25
                                  Last time I made the test I used around 12 min.

                                  So how can you do the 12000x6000 almost 3 times faster.
                                  That does not make sense unless you actually used 8bit images as source.

                                  Hans

                                  > Bostjan
                                  >

                                  > ________________________________

                                • terak1us
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Dec 9, 2010

                                    > I used RAW images. Windows experience index of Dell is 7.1. Timing was accurate,

                                    Bostjan, how do you deal with CA when stitching in RAW?

                                    Carel Struycken
                                  • Bostjan Burger
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Dec 9, 2010
                                      I stitch in RAW only with Canon 15 mm fisheye, otherwise I always transform into
                                      tiff. But there is CA with Canon 15 mm, so the best is to use the correction
                                      too. Here is the example of HDR VR tour made from
                                      RAWs: http://www.burger.si/Stanjel/11.html, you can see a quite strong CA when
                                      looking the wires on the zenit and tops of the house roof. That day it was with
                                      the wind speed over the 50 km/h up to 100 km/h and I couldn't handle the good
                                      shot: http://www.burger.si/Stanjel/20.html.

                                      Bostjan

                                      ________________________________
                                      > I used RAW images. Windows experience index of Dell is 7.1. Timing was
                                      >accurate,

                                      Bostjan, how do you deal with CA when stitching in RAW?

                                      Carel Struycken

                                    • Sacha Griffin
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Dec 9, 2010
                                        So what's the point of stitching raw if you have ca and an overall loss of sharpness?

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On Dec 10, 2010, at 1:10 AM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

                                        > I stitch in RAW only with Canon 15 mm fisheye, otherwise I always transform into
                                        > tiff. But there is CA with Canon 15 mm, so the best is to use the correction
                                        > too. Here is the example of HDR VR tour made from
                                        > RAWs: http://www.burger.si/Stanjel/11.html, you can see a quite strong CA when
                                        > looking the wires on the zenit and tops of the house roof. That day it was with
                                        > the wind speed over the 50 km/h up to 100 km/h and I couldn't handle the good
                                        > shot: http://www.burger.si/Stanjel/20.html.
                                        >
                                        > Bostjan
                                        >
                                        > ________________________________

                                      • Bostjan Burger
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010
                                          It depends what for you need VRPs. I don't complain for an extra quality but I
                                          bother neither. Outdoor work is for me more important so I don't invest much
                                          time to stitching or other »sitting down« activities ;) I just download images
                                          from my camera to HDD directory, use batch builder and sticker and hundred VRPs
                                          a day or more is not a real problem.
                                          Here is another example made from
                                          RAWs…http://www.burger.si/Grad/Grad/uvod_eng.htm - I had a lecture in a nearby
                                          town and in the late afternoon I drove to that location, shot photos for a HDR,
                                          drove 280 km to home and in the morning the project was already uploaded to the
                                          internet. Converting to tiffs and additional handling would take me 30 min more
                                          time which I rather spend with my kids reading them a book story for a good
                                          night ;)
                                          My attitude to VRPs is fun and a recreation so I can afford not so superb work…

                                          Bostjan

                                          ________________________________

                                          Message 20 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010

                                            > It depends what for you need VRPs. I don't complain for an extra quality but I
                                            > bother neither. Outdoor work is for me more important so I don't invest much
                                            > time to stitching or other »sitting down« activities ;) I just download images
                                            > from my camera to HDD directory, use batch builder and sticker and hundred VRPs
                                            > a day or more is not a real problem.
                                            > Here is another example made from
                                            > RAWs…http://www.burger.si/Grad/Grad/uvod_eng.htm - I had a lecture in a nearby
                                            > town and in the late afternoon I drove to that location, shot photos for a HDR,
                                            > drove 280 km to home and in the morning the project was already uploaded to the
                                            > internet. Converting to tiffs and additional handling would take me 30 min more
                                            > time which I rather spend with my kids reading them a book story for a good
                                            > night ;)
                                            > My attitude to VRPs is fun and a recreation so I can afford not so superb work…

                                            None of your panos work.

                                            I start download and after 2 sec it breaks with an exclamation mark.

                                            Hans

                                            > ________________________________

                                          • Hans
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010

                                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@> wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > > It depends what for you need VRPs. I don't complain for an extra quality but I
                                              > > bother neither. Outdoor work is for me more important so I don't invest much
                                              > > time to stitching or other »sitting down« activities ;) I just download images
                                              > > from my camera to HDD directory, use batch builder and sticker and hundred VRPs
                                              > > a day or more is not a real problem.
                                              > > Here is another example made from
                                              > > RAWs…http://www.burger.si/Grad/Grad/uvod_eng.htm - I had a lecture in a nearby
                                              > > town and in the late afternoon I drove to that location, shot photos for a HDR,
                                              > > drove 280 km to home and in the morning the project was already uploaded to the
                                              > > internet. Converting to tiffs and additional handling would take me 30 min more
                                              > > time which I rather spend with my kids reading them a book story for a good
                                              > > night ;)
                                              > > My attitude to VRPs is fun and a recreation so I can afford not so superb work…
                                              > >

                                              > None of your panos work.
                                              >
                                              > I start download and after 2 sec it breaks with an exclamation mark.

                                              Looks like this is either bugs in your SWF file or some protection in Safari that cuts it off as you are linking directly to the SWF.

                                              It works in Firefox

                                              Hans

                                              > Hans
                                              > >

                                              > > ________________________________

                                            • Bostjan Burger
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010
                                                It works with all Mozillas, Chrome, IE-32 bit (I didn't check 64 bit which
                                                didn't work few months ago), and Safari. No problems at all. But just in case I
                                                went to my wifes cabinet as she have a new MacPro and it works on her comp well
                                                too... very fluently (it is a "beast" which seems with a double speed of all my
                                                i7 based comps.). Maybe there is a communication problem at the moment from my
                                                place to Danmark as I tried your site with new snowy lanscape and it worked only
                                                after several attempts with reloading. In the same time I tried some VRPs on
                                                www.worldwidepanorama.org and is was all ok. I have one of the fastest servers
                                                and no transfer or broadband limists but it might be also kind of updating,
                                                please try again. The only report with the error I had so far was from Mathew
                                                few months ago and I asked to check the issue on this forum but no reports of
                                                error.

                                                Bostjan

                                                ________________________________
                                                > > It depends what for you need VRPs. I don't complain for an extra quality but
                                                >
                                                > > bother neither. Outdoor work is for me more important so I don't invest much

                                                > > time to stitching or other »sitting down« activities ;) I just download
                                                >images
                                                >
                                                > > from my camera to HDD directory, use batch builder and sticker and hundred
                                                >VRPs
                                                >
                                                > > a day or more is not a real problem.
                                                > > Here is another example made from
                                                > > RAWs…http://www.burger.si/Grad/Grad/uvod_eng.htm - I had a lecture in a
                                                >nearby
                                                >
                                                > > town and in the late afternoon I drove to that location, shot photos for a
                                                >HDR,
                                                >
                                                > > drove 280 km to home and in the morning the project was already uploaded to
                                                >the
                                                >
                                                > > internet. Converting to tiffs and additional handling would take me 30 min
                                                >more
                                                >
                                                > > time which I rather spend with my kids reading them a book story for a good
                                                > > night ;)
                                                > > My attitude to VRPs is fun and a recreation so I can afford not so superb
                                                >work…
                                                >

                                                > None of your panos work.
                                                >
                                                > I start download and after 2 sec it breaks with an exclamation mark.

                                                Looks like this is either bugs in your SWF file or some protection in Safari
                                                that cuts it off as you are linking directly to the SWF.

                                                It works in Firefox

                                                Hans

                                                > Hans
                                                > >

                                                > > ________________________________

                                              • Hans
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010

                                                  > It works with all Mozillas, Chrome, IE-32 bit (I didn't check 64 bit which
                                                  > didn't work few months ago), and Safari. No problems at all. But just in case I
                                                  > went to my wifes cabinet as she have a new MacPro and it works on her comp well
                                                  > too... very fluently (it is a "beast" which seems with a double speed of all my
                                                  > i7 based comps.). Maybe there is a communication problem at the moment from my
                                                  > place to Danmark as I tried your site with new snowy lanscape and it worked only
                                                  > after several attempts with reloading. In the same time I tried some VRPs on
                                                  > www.worldwidepanorama.org and is was all ok. I have one of the fastest servers
                                                  > and no transfer or broadband limists but it might be also kind of updating,
                                                  > please try again. The only report with the error I had so far was from Mathew
                                                  > few months ago and I asked to check the issue on this forum but no reports of
                                                  > error.

                                                  I guess it is a problem in Safari 5.03 .
                                                  I just got that update a couple of days ago.
                                                  I have not installed it on my Air yet and it works.

                                                  Just received a mail with a link to a UK Photographer which has the same problem.
                                                  Also Pano2VR

                                                  No problem with FPP or KRpano. My winter panorama loads in 3 sec here.

                                                  Hans

                                                  > Bostjan
                                                  >

                                                  > ________________________________

                                                • Bostjan Burger
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010
                                                    I tried http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/kalovig-denmark.html again and now it works
                                                    fine. I have cleared the cache and the download was few seconds... acctually
                                                    immediately.

                                                    Bostjan

                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Dec 10, 2010

                                                      > I tried http://www.panoramas.dk/2010/kalovig-denmark.html again and now it works
                                                      > fine. I have cleared the cache and the download was few seconds... acctually
                                                      > immediately.

                                                      I have reinstalled Safari 5.0.3 and now they all work.

                                                      Hans