Upload Panoramas to Photosynth

  • Matt Uyttendaele
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hello. We've released a new Photoshop Plug-in that enables users to
      upload panoramas to the free Photosynth hosting service. The plug-in
      supports equirectangular, cylindrical, and rectilinear source images,
      converts these to a cube-map, and uploads the full-resolution result to
      the web. More information is available here:
      http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/
      <http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/\

      Here is a nice example of a full 360x180 uploaded by Bernhard Vogl:
      http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=909f4dc9-718e-4917-abb1-fd53631e258d
      <http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=909f4dc9-718e-4917-abb1-fd53631e258\
      d>

      For quicky panoramas - one other fun feature of the plug-in is that it
      will re-project a single fisheye image to a cube-map and upload that
      result.

      The Photoshop Plug-in is currently Windows only, but the Photosynth
      interactive viewer works on Windows+Mac.

      -Matt Uyttendaele, Microsoft

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 9, 2010
        On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:39:55 +0900, Jim Watters
        <jwatters@...> wrote:

        > I really do not like having buttons except Full-Screen. The direction,
        > zoom in/out buttons just distract from the experience.
        > Here is an idea. If the user starts panning with the mouse, hide the
        > directional
        > buttons. If the user starts zooming in/out with the scroll wheel hide
        > the zoom buttons.

        Hmmm. That might work. Bummer if you change your mind, though... <grin>

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger