Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 4/3 camera and new panasonic 8mm fisheye pano samples?

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 95 , Dec 1, 2010
      On Nov 28, 2010, at 6:35 PM, panovrx wrote:

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1a8E8cmwc
      > Here is a video of a remote shutter switch (servo powered) that I made for my Nex5/Nikkor10.5mm. Conveniently the actuating lever on the servo swings back automatically when the power to the servo is released. The servo is powered by 3V instead of the normal 12V because 12V would be too strong. I use a Zap-Shot (+ relay) for the remote to switch the servo. I like the Zap-Shot because its button transmitter is so small and the receiver is light and compact.

      If anyone is thinking of making a servo-based shutter release, I have one that I am no longer using. It is a servo and a controller from Gentles (maker of the gentLED IR release, etc) that can trigger the servo either at timed intervals or on the shorting of a connection. Simple and works well. It is also tiny and lightweight. I think the controller is called a "gent360 SERVO", but it was pre-production when I got mine from him. I used it with my Fuji S2 gigapixel rig (no electronic release on that camera). Since I sold the camera, I no longer need the item. Let me know if you might be interested.

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504
      (c)864-431-7075
      (w)864-503-5775

    • panovrx
      Message 95 of 95 , Jan 24, 2011
        An interesting capability of the Panasonic GH2 is its 40 fps 4k jpg 1 sec burst capacity
        http://vimeo.com/19016152
        .. GH2 has a highest shutter speed of 1/4000 and this might be just fast enough to shoot 360s with a 1 sec continuous rotation device. If you could sync two GH2s in this mode (electronic shutter -- not mechanical -- but with lots of rolling shutter distortion apparently) with 2 8mms say - gives you 360 stereo panoramas in one second.

        PeterM