Re: [PanoToolsNG] Imagemagick - looking for good tutorial or book

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2010
      If you are resizing, you may want to consider sizimg from Ken Turkowski: http://www.realitypixels.com/products/sizimg.html.

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504
      (c)864-431-7075
      (w)864-503-5775

    • PanoToolsNG.10.m8@spamgourmet.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2010
        Looks interesting.
        I've been using Irfanview to do my resizing in a batch file.

        Do you know if you can use a set of switches in sizimg to have outer bounds
        for horizontal and vertical sizes but keep the aspect of the image
        regardless of landscape/portrait orientation.

        Eg. I can use the following command for irfanview to resize an image to have
        it's longest edge be 800pix
        (so the height would be 800pix if the image was in portrait or the width
        would be 800pix if the image was in landscape)

        "i_view32.exe" <sourceimage_path&name> /resize=(800,800) /aspectratio
        /resample /convert="<destinationimage_path&name>"

        Cheers,
        Darren.

        )If you are resizing, you may want to consider sizimg from Ken
        )Turkowski: http://www.realitypixels.com/products/sizimg.html.
        )
        )John Riley
        )johnriley@...
        )(h)864-461-3504
        )(c)864-431-7075
        )(w)864-503-5775
        )
        )On Nov 30, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Peter wrote:
        )
        )> Hi,
        )> I want do convert thousands of images using the commandline
        )tool imagemagick.
        )>
        )> Unfortunately, I don't find the things I'm searching for at
        )> http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/ I am quite sure, that
        )every bit of information is in there, but it's to time
        )consuming for me, to find it.
        )>
        )> Do you know of any easy to read/use tutorial or book, that
        )you could recommend?
        )>
        )> Thanks!
        )> Peter
        )>
        )>
        )
        )
        )
        )[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        )
      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2010
          I haven't used it lately, but I am pretty sure you can do that. The documentation is terse, but should tell you.

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          (h)864-461-3504
          (c)864-431-7075
          (w)864-503-5775

        • Fulvio Senore
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2010
            If all you want to do is resize the images you can use this:

            http://www.fsoft.it/imaging/en/Default.htm

            the standalone program is free, the image quality is very high and it
            can do what you need in a very simple way.

            Fulvio Senore

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 7, 2010
              This looks good!
              Is there a way to pass command line options to the program, and exit upon
              completion?

              Thanks,
              Darren.

[...]
              )> )
              )> )John Riley
              )> )johnriley@...
              )> )(h)864-461-3504
              )> )(c)864-431-7075
              )> )(w)864-503-5775
              )> )
              )> )On Nov 30, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Peter wrote:
              )> )
              )> )> Hi,
              )> )> I want do convert thousands of images using the
              )commandline )tool
              )> imagemagick.
              )> )>
[...]
              )> ------------------------------------
              )>
              )
              )
              )------------------------------------
              )
              )--
              )
              )
              )
              )
            • Fulvio Senore
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 7, 2010
                No, at the moment this is only a GUI program waiting for input from the
                user.
                I realize that I could add a command-line version, anyway.

                Fulvio

              • Peter
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 14, 2010
                  Thanks a lot!
                  In the meantime, I found what I needed.

                  This is my final result, a single convert-command, that I apply to thousands of images (generated by Excel).

                  "convert Drehungen\25_0829\DSC_2844.tif -crop 2807x1491+170+152 +repage -resize 380x -gravity center -background white -extent 380x357 -unsharp 0.2+3+0 -profile sRGB.icc -strip -quality 90 export-pd\~25_0829\25_0829_normal_015.jpg"

                  Peter

                  (thread closed)