Re: Student demonstration panoramas

  • prague
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
      We're still playing with prices, it is currently 2.50 euro / pano, and we'll try monthly subscriptions starting next month (january)

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jan Martin <janmartin@...> wrote:

      > Anyone found their prices?
      >

      > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
      >

      > > and Panomonkey gives you "polyphasic exposure" technology too :-)
      > > http://www.panomonkey.com/panorama-software/questions
      > >
      > > "What don't I have to learn?
      > >
      > > You don't have to learn how to correct or compensate for lens distortion,
      > > sensor shift, chromatic aberration, bayer interpolation, unsharp masks,
      > > noise reduction, polyphasic exposure, tonemapping. That's only the
      > > beginning. If you want to learn all that stuff, feel free. Since we've
      > > already thought about it for you, there is probably no need. "
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith
      > > Martin <keith@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This afternoon I spent some time in the student demonstration in
      > > > central London, taking photos and running a twitter feed description
      > > > of the event. It wasn't easy shooting panoramas, mainly because we
      > > > kept moving! But I did make a few.
      > > >
      > > > And here I must mention Jeffrey Martin's rather superb
      > > > http://www.Panomonkey.com, an automated way to stitch images into
      > > > panoramas. It worked better than I'd hoped, let alone expected!
      > > >
      > > > At the end of the day I took a breather in a Starbucks. I connected
      > > > my camera to my iPad and copied the shots to it. I then used the
      > > > GoodReader app to zip a few sets of shots and FTP them across.
      > > > Panomonkey accepts zip archives as the way of identifying images to
      > > > be treated together.
      > > >
      > > > Some results are here already:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama
      > > >
      > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-2-panorama
      > > >
      > > > Sure, there are stitching flaws; it isn't perfect. But this is
      > > > actually better than many I've seen done by hand - and it is
      > > > automatic. I will produce my own fine-tuned panos and fix the nadirs
      > > > as well, but this allowed my to get my shots stitched and online
      > > > before I even got home. Rock and, as they say, roll. :-)
      > > >
      > > > Oh, the demos today, at least the London ones, were fairly peaceful,
      > > > although there were points where it seemed like it might not be. You
      > > > can get a slight feel for it if you look at my Twitter feed from
      > > > midday onwards: http://twitter.com/thatkeith - go back until you see
      > > > stuff from me musing on how I'd get stuff uploaded. Then read upwards.

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM, prague <360cities@...> wrote:

        > Hi ayrton,
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
        > > Wooooow
        > > :-(
        > > Have you seen this too on this panoMONKEY :
        > > "Can I publish my panoramas on 360Cities.net? 360Cities.net is a
        > separate
        > > product from Panomonkey and has image quality standards. If your
        > panoramas
        > > meet the quality requirements of 360 Cities, then - Yes, You Can! "
        > >

        > what is the problem with that?

        hahahahaha
        You're very sarcastic Jeffrey
        666 hugs to you
        :-)

        best
        AYRTON

        > cheers,
        > Jeffrey

        + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
        + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
        http://ayrton360.com
        twitter.com/ayrton360

      • michael crane
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
          On Wed, December 1, 2010 12:57 am, Keith Martin wrote:

          > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama

          apparently one of those students spraypainted the word "REVOLUTION" on
          nelson's column

          LOL

          mick

          --
          mickiwiki.com
        • prague
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 2, 2010
            666 hugs back, my brazilian friend :)

            maybe this FAQ is badly written.

            what it means to say is that 360cities requires a certain level of quality (fully spherical panoramas, etc.) to join.

            panomonkey (and other stitching software) can create any kind of garbage. garbage in -> garbage out. right? so, you cannot make garbage on panomonkey and expect to publish that on 360cities / google earth. that's all.

            is this not clear in the FAQ?