Re: Why does 360cities hijack the browser still?

  • prague
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
      Robert,

      You realize that you hijacked a thread on this list to complain about this?

      :-)))

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

      > Jeffery,
      >
      > WTF,
      >
      > Why do you allow 360cities to hijack the browser much like I'm hijacking this thread.
      >
      > Disabling the back arrow or button is really bad Internet behavior, it's much, much worse than forcing full screen on someone.
      >
      > The more I experience this the more I refrain from clicking on any link related to 360cities.
      >
      > FIX IT, stop the stupid rude browser behavior.
      >
      > Robert

    • prague
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
        We're still playing with prices, it is currently 2.50 euro / pano, and we'll try monthly subscriptions starting next month (january)

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jan Martin <janmartin@...> wrote:

        > Anyone found their prices?
        >

        > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
        >

        > > and Panomonkey gives you "polyphasic exposure" technology too :-)
        > > http://www.panomonkey.com/panorama-software/questions
        > >
        > > "What don't I have to learn?
        > >
        > > You don't have to learn how to correct or compensate for lens distortion,
        > > sensor shift, chromatic aberration, bayer interpolation, unsharp masks,
        > > noise reduction, polyphasic exposure, tonemapping. That's only the
        > > beginning. If you want to learn all that stuff, feel free. Since we've
        > > already thought about it for you, there is probably no need. "
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith
        > > Martin <keith@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > This afternoon I spent some time in the student demonstration in
        > > > central London, taking photos and running a twitter feed description
        > > > of the event. It wasn't easy shooting panoramas, mainly because we
        > > > kept moving! But I did make a few.
        > > >
        > > > And here I must mention Jeffrey Martin's rather superb
        > > > http://www.Panomonkey.com, an automated way to stitch images into
        > > > panoramas. It worked better than I'd hoped, let alone expected!
        > > >
        > > > At the end of the day I took a breather in a Starbucks. I connected
        > > > my camera to my iPad and copied the shots to it. I then used the
        > > > GoodReader app to zip a few sets of shots and FTP them across.
        > > > Panomonkey accepts zip archives as the way of identifying images to
        > > > be treated together.
        > > >
        > > > Some results are here already:
        > > >
        > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama
        > > >
        > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-2-panorama
        > > >
        > > > Sure, there are stitching flaws; it isn't perfect. But this is
        > > > actually better than many I've seen done by hand - and it is
        > > > automatic. I will produce my own fine-tuned panos and fix the nadirs
        > > > as well, but this allowed my to get my shots stitched and online
        > > > before I even got home. Rock and, as they say, roll. :-)
        > > >
        > > > Oh, the demos today, at least the London ones, were fairly peaceful,
        > > > although there were points where it seemed like it might not be. You
        > > > can get a slight feel for it if you look at my Twitter feed from
        > > > midday onwards: http://twitter.com/thatkeith - go back until you see
        > > > stuff from me musing on how I'd get stuff uploaded. Then read upwards.

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
          On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM, prague <360cities@...> wrote:

          > Hi ayrton,
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
          > > Wooooow
          > > :-(
          > > Have you seen this too on this panoMONKEY :
          > > "Can I publish my panoramas on 360Cities.net? 360Cities.net is a
          > separate
          > > product from Panomonkey and has image quality standards. If your
          > panoramas
          > > meet the quality requirements of 360 Cities, then - Yes, You Can! "
          > >

          > what is the problem with that?

          hahahahaha
          You're very sarcastic Jeffrey
          666 hugs to you
          :-)

          best
          AYRTON

          > cheers,
          > Jeffrey

          + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
          + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
          http://ayrton360.com
          twitter.com/ayrton360

        • michael crane
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
            On Wed, December 1, 2010 12:57 am, Keith Martin wrote:

            > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama

            apparently one of those students spraypainted the word "REVOLUTION" on
            nelson's column

            LOL

            mick

            --
            mickiwiki.com
          • prague
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 2, 2010
              666 hugs back, my brazilian friend :)

              maybe this FAQ is badly written.

              what it means to say is that 360cities requires a certain level of quality (fully spherical panoramas, etc.) to join.

              panomonkey (and other stitching software) can create any kind of garbage. garbage in -> garbage out. right? so, you cannot make garbage on panomonkey and expect to publish that on 360cities / google earth. that's all.

              is this not clear in the FAQ?