Re: Why does 360cities hijack the browser still?

  • prague
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi Robert,

      I guess i'll take it as a compliment that you think we are such evil masterminds :-) it's simply a bug which we still didn't fix. We are not trying to hijack anything. This bug really annoys me too. But we're a small team with too many things to do.

      cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

      > Jeffery,
      >
      > WTF,
      >
      > Why do you allow 360cities to hijack the browser much like I'm hijacking this thread.
      >
      > Disabling the back arrow or button is really bad Internet behavior, it's much, much worse than forcing full screen on someone.
      >
      > The more I experience this the more I refrain from clicking on any link related to 360cities.
      >
      > FIX IT, stop the stupid rude browser behavior.
      >
      > Robert

    • prague
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
        Robert,

        You realize that you hijacked a thread on this list to complain about this?

        :-)))

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

        > Jeffery,
        >
        > WTF,
        >
        > Why do you allow 360cities to hijack the browser much like I'm hijacking this thread.
        >
        > Disabling the back arrow or button is really bad Internet behavior, it's much, much worse than forcing full screen on someone.
        >
        > The more I experience this the more I refrain from clicking on any link related to 360cities.
        >
        > FIX IT, stop the stupid rude browser behavior.
        >
        > Robert

      • prague
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
          We're still playing with prices, it is currently 2.50 euro / pano, and we'll try monthly subscriptions starting next month (january)

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jan Martin <janmartin@...> wrote:

          > Anyone found their prices?
          >

          > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
          >

          > > and Panomonkey gives you "polyphasic exposure" technology too :-)
          > > http://www.panomonkey.com/panorama-software/questions
          > >
          > > "What don't I have to learn?
          > >
          > > You don't have to learn how to correct or compensate for lens distortion,
          > > sensor shift, chromatic aberration, bayer interpolation, unsharp masks,
          > > noise reduction, polyphasic exposure, tonemapping. That's only the
          > > beginning. If you want to learn all that stuff, feel free. Since we've
          > > already thought about it for you, there is probably no need. "
          > >

          > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith
          > > Martin <keith@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > This afternoon I spent some time in the student demonstration in
          > > > central London, taking photos and running a twitter feed description
          > > > of the event. It wasn't easy shooting panoramas, mainly because we
          > > > kept moving! But I did make a few.
          > > >
          > > > And here I must mention Jeffrey Martin's rather superb
          > > > http://www.Panomonkey.com, an automated way to stitch images into
          > > > panoramas. It worked better than I'd hoped, let alone expected!
          > > >
          > > > At the end of the day I took a breather in a Starbucks. I connected
          > > > my camera to my iPad and copied the shots to it. I then used the
          > > > GoodReader app to zip a few sets of shots and FTP them across.
          > > > Panomonkey accepts zip archives as the way of identifying images to
          > > > be treated together.
          > > >
          > > > Some results are here already:
          > > >
          > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama
          > > >
          > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-2-panorama
          > > >
          > > > Sure, there are stitching flaws; it isn't perfect. But this is
          > > > actually better than many I've seen done by hand - and it is
          > > > automatic. I will produce my own fine-tuned panos and fix the nadirs
          > > > as well, but this allowed my to get my shots stitched and online
          > > > before I even got home. Rock and, as they say, roll. :-)
          > > >
          > > > Oh, the demos today, at least the London ones, were fairly peaceful,
          > > > although there were points where it seemed like it might not be. You
          > > > can get a slight feel for it if you look at my Twitter feed from
          > > > midday onwards: http://twitter.com/thatkeith - go back until you see
          > > > stuff from me musing on how I'd get stuff uploaded. Then read upwards.

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
            On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM, prague <360cities@...> wrote:

            > Hi ayrton,
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
            > > Wooooow
            > > :-(
            > > Have you seen this too on this panoMONKEY :
            > > "Can I publish my panoramas on 360Cities.net? 360Cities.net is a
            > separate
            > > product from Panomonkey and has image quality standards. If your
            > panoramas
            > > meet the quality requirements of 360 Cities, then - Yes, You Can! "
            > >

            > what is the problem with that?

            hahahahaha
            You're very sarcastic Jeffrey
            666 hugs to you
            :-)

            best
            AYRTON

            > cheers,
            > Jeffrey

            + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
            + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
            http://ayrton360.com
            twitter.com/ayrton360

          • michael crane
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
              On Wed, December 1, 2010 12:57 am, Keith Martin wrote:

              > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama

              apparently one of those students spraypainted the word "REVOLUTION" on
              nelson's column

              LOL

              mick

              --
              mickiwiki.com
            • prague
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 2, 2010
                666 hugs back, my brazilian friend :)

                maybe this FAQ is badly written.

                what it means to say is that 360cities requires a certain level of quality (fully spherical panoramas, etc.) to join.

                panomonkey (and other stitching software) can create any kind of garbage. garbage in -> garbage out. right? so, you cannot make garbage on panomonkey and expect to publish that on 360cities / google earth. that's all.

                is this not clear in the FAQ?