Re: Student demonstration panoramas

  • prague
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi ayrton,

      > Wooooow
      > :-(
      > Have you seen this too on this panoMONKEY :
      > "Can I publish my panoramas on 360Cities.net? 360Cities.net is a separate
      > product from Panomonkey and has image quality standards. If your panoramas
      > meet the quality requirements of 360 Cities, then - Yes, You Can! "

      what is the problem with that?

      FYI everyone panomonkey is still very much in beta. More often than not it still doesn't work as expected.

      cheers,
      Jeffrey
    • prague
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
        Hi Robert,

        I guess i'll take it as a compliment that you think we are such evil masterminds :-) it's simply a bug which we still didn't fix. We are not trying to hijack anything. This bug really annoys me too. But we're a small team with too many things to do.

        cheers,
        Jeffrey

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

        > Jeffery,
        >
        > WTF,
        >
        > Why do you allow 360cities to hijack the browser much like I'm hijacking this thread.
        >
        > Disabling the back arrow or button is really bad Internet behavior, it's much, much worse than forcing full screen on someone.
        >
        > The more I experience this the more I refrain from clicking on any link related to 360cities.
        >
        > FIX IT, stop the stupid rude browser behavior.
        >
        > Robert

      • prague
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
          Robert,

          You realize that you hijacked a thread on this list to complain about this?

          :-)))

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "robert" <image360@...> wrote:

          > Jeffery,
          >
          > WTF,
          >
          > Why do you allow 360cities to hijack the browser much like I'm hijacking this thread.
          >
          > Disabling the back arrow or button is really bad Internet behavior, it's much, much worse than forcing full screen on someone.
          >
          > The more I experience this the more I refrain from clicking on any link related to 360cities.
          >
          > FIX IT, stop the stupid rude browser behavior.
          >
          > Robert

        • prague
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
            We're still playing with prices, it is currently 2.50 euro / pano, and we'll try monthly subscriptions starting next month (january)

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jan Martin <janmartin@...> wrote:

            > Anyone found their prices?
            >

            > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
            >

            > > and Panomonkey gives you "polyphasic exposure" technology too :-)
            > > http://www.panomonkey.com/panorama-software/questions
            > >
            > > "What don't I have to learn?
            > >
            > > You don't have to learn how to correct or compensate for lens distortion,
            > > sensor shift, chromatic aberration, bayer interpolation, unsharp masks,
            > > noise reduction, polyphasic exposure, tonemapping. That's only the
            > > beginning. If you want to learn all that stuff, feel free. Since we've
            > > already thought about it for you, there is probably no need. "
            > >

            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Keith
            > > Martin <keith@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > This afternoon I spent some time in the student demonstration in
            > > > central London, taking photos and running a twitter feed description
            > > > of the event. It wasn't easy shooting panoramas, mainly because we
            > > > kept moving! But I did make a few.
            > > >
            > > > And here I must mention Jeffrey Martin's rather superb
            > > > http://www.Panomonkey.com, an automated way to stitch images into
            > > > panoramas. It worked better than I'd hoped, let alone expected!
            > > >
            > > > At the end of the day I took a breather in a Starbucks. I connected
            > > > my camera to my iPad and copied the shots to it. I then used the
            > > > GoodReader app to zip a few sets of shots and FTP them across.
            > > > Panomonkey accepts zip archives as the way of identifying images to
            > > > be treated together.
            > > >
            > > > Some results are here already:
            > > >
            > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama
            > > >
            > > > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-2-panorama
            > > >
            > > > Sure, there are stitching flaws; it isn't perfect. But this is
            > > > actually better than many I've seen done by hand - and it is
            > > > automatic. I will produce my own fine-tuned panos and fix the nadirs
            > > > as well, but this allowed my to get my shots stitched and online
            > > > before I even got home. Rock and, as they say, roll. :-)
            > > >
            > > > Oh, the demos today, at least the London ones, were fairly peaceful,
            > > > although there were points where it seemed like it might not be. You
            > > > can get a slight feel for it if you look at my Twitter feed from
            > > > midday onwards: http://twitter.com/thatkeith - go back until you see
            > > > stuff from me musing on how I'd get stuff uploaded. Then read upwards.

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
              On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM, prague <360cities@...> wrote:

              > Hi ayrton,
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
              > > Wooooow
              > > :-(
              > > Have you seen this too on this panoMONKEY :
              > > "Can I publish my panoramas on 360Cities.net? 360Cities.net is a
              > separate
              > > product from Panomonkey and has image quality standards. If your
              > panoramas
              > > meet the quality requirements of 360 Cities, then - Yes, You Can! "
              > >

              > what is the problem with that?

              hahahahaha
              You're very sarcastic Jeffrey
              666 hugs to you
              :-)

              best
              AYRTON

              > cheers,
              > Jeffrey

              + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
              + 55 11 3717 5131 - SP
              http://ayrton360.com
              twitter.com/ayrton360

            • michael crane
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2010
                On Wed, December 1, 2010 12:57 am, Keith Martin wrote:

                > http://www.360cities.net/image/picture-4-panorama

                apparently one of those students spraypainted the word "REVOLUTION" on
                nelson's column

                LOL

                mick

                --
                mickiwiki.com
              • prague
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 2, 2010
                  666 hugs back, my brazilian friend :)

                  maybe this FAQ is badly written.

                  what it means to say is that 360cities requires a certain level of quality (fully spherical panoramas, etc.) to join.

                  panomonkey (and other stitching software) can create any kind of garbage. garbage in -> garbage out. right? so, you cannot make garbage on panomonkey and expect to publish that on 360cities / google earth. that's all.

                  is this not clear in the FAQ?