Anybody know anything about Opteka 220 degree fisheye?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2010
      This sounds very "fishy" to me. Any body familiar with this lens?
      It's sounds like a rebranded Nikon FC-e9.

      http://opteka.com/optvt37fe.aspx
      Opteka: 6 elements 4 groups; 101 mm x 75mm; 0.2x

      http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/A95/Lens/Fisheye.html
      The FC-e9 -- 6 elements in 4 groups; 101mm x 73mm 0.2x --

      The difference is that the FC-e9 is 46mm rear threads
      and the Opteka is 37mm rear threads.

      Anybody know anything about the Opteka?
    • Jan Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2010
        Hi Ken,

        Opteka is a Russian company I think.
        Both the Nikon FC-E8 and FC-E9 are ca. 10 years out of production.
        To the best of my knowledge its not the same lens.

        Once there was a webpage comparing them on the same motive. I think it was
        part of an ebay sales. Don't remember details.

        Jan

        --
        http://www.DIY-streetview.org

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2010
          So could be same or similar design but different glass?

          Jan Martin wrote:
          > Hi Ken,
          >
          > Opteka is a Russian company I think.
          > Both the Nikon FC-E8 and FC-E9 are ca. 10 years out of production.
          > To the best of my knowledge its not the same lens.
          >
          > Once there was a webpage comparing them on the same motive. I think it was
          > part of an ebay sales. Don't remember details.
          >
          > Jan
          >

          > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
          >

          >> This sounds very "fishy" to me. Any body familiar with this lens?
          >> It's sounds like a rebranded Nikon FC-e9.
          >>
          >> http://opteka.com/optvt37fe.aspx
          >> Opteka: 6 elements 4 groups; 101 mm x 75mm; 0.2x
          >>
          >> http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/A95/Lens/Fisheye.html<http://www.cs.mtu.edu/%7Eshene/DigiCam/User-Guide/A95/Lens/Fisheye.html>
          >> The FC-e9 -- 6 elements in 4 groups; 101mm x 73mm 0.2x --
          >>
          >> The difference is that the FC-e9 is 46mm rear threads
          >> and the Opteka is 37mm rear threads.
          >>
          >> Anybody know anything about the Opteka?

        • Trausti Hraunfjord
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2010
            According to the site, it is not 37mm but:
            Rear Mount Diameter 37mmmm

            ... and that sounds fishy...

            Trausti

            On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
            ......and the Opteka is 37mm rear threads.

          • prague
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2010
              fc-e8 is 187 degrees. this opteka is 220 degrees. doesn't sounds like one has anything to do with the other.

              Luca? :-)